Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > David Gregory breaks DC gun laws on meet the press

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
My defense of Gregory by questioning anybody and everybody I could put on the stand would be only one question... Do you know what he held was a real, fully functioning, 30-round gun magazine or just a visual aid for demonstration purposes? And then I'd pull out one of the latter, for demonstration purposes. No-one, not even Gregory if he were foolish enough to testify, could ever answer affirmatively.

Case closed.
And that's fine because that is his day in Court...after he is arrested and charged with a crime. In this country you do not get a pass because you are the host of a national news show...the police are not the judge and jury, if the law is broken then there needs to be an arrest...the issue of guilt or innocence can be decided by a jury.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 12-27-2012 at 01:06 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #72

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Sorry fellas, it doesn't work that way. The police won't really investigate this. A DA has certainly already told folks they would never prosecute anything around this. And alot of half-truths and lies are told on TV -- since when is that a crime? An admission -- really!? The Mayor and DC Police have alot more to lose in an NBC investigation of them than Dick Gregory, whom I'm sure is also in a "protected class," does in an investigation by them. They know it. he knows it. NBC and The Administration control it.

It's over Johnny. IT'S OVER!

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-27-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #73

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Sorry fellas, it doesn't work that way. The police won't really investigate this. A DA has certainly already told folks they would never prosecute anything around this. And alot of half-truths and lies are told on TV -- since when is that a crime? An admission -- really!? The Mayor and DC Police have alot more to lose in an NBC investigation of them than Dick Gregory, whom I'm sure is also in a "protected class," does in an investigation by them. They know it. he knows it. NBC and The Administration control it.

It's over Johnny. IT'S OVER!
Oh I never said he's going to actually be prosecuted or that anything would ever come of it, although I wish it would go that way.

My response was simply to your question:
Quote:
My defense of Gregory by questioning anybody and everybody I could put on the stand would be only one question... Do you know what he held was a real, fully functioning, 30-round gun magazine or just a visual aid for demonstration purposes?
And my response was that he very definitely claimed that it's real.

Did you watch the video?

Personally, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to tell a real one from a fake one, from across the room. But, under about 2 seconds of physical inspection, yes, yes I could.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #74

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

There is a ruling and ruled class in America. Gregory is a member of of the elit ruling class. He will be excused to wage war on the ruled.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:18 AM   #75
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7826 Times on 4516 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Anybody remember what happened when Janet Jackson's tit was shown on TV? Half million dollar fine to CBS!!!, but Jackson got waht she wanted- exposure (no pun intended).

My bet is that Gregory will walk without any repercussions (a wink-wink, nudge-nudge "disciplinary action" might go in his employee record though).

If the person who sold the mag or provided it to Gregory did so legally then they should not be prosecuted. If the gun dealer who sold the AR to Lemon in Aurora did so without knowing that Lemon was providing false information (if he was) then the FFL should not be prosecuted either. My guess is that the sellers did not do anything illegal, because if they had done so then the networks would be throwing them under the bus as the fall guys.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #76

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Anybody remember what happened when Janet Jackson's tit was shown on TV? Half million dollar fine to CBS!!!, but Jackson got waht she wanted- exposure (no pun intended).

My bet is that Gregory will walk without any repercussions (a wink-wink, nudge-nudge "disciplinary action" might go in his employee record though).

If the person who sold the mag or provided it to Gregory did so legally then they should not be prosecuted. If the gun dealer who sold the AR to Lemon in Aurora did so without knowing that Lemon was providing false information (if he was) then the FFL should not be prosecuted either. My guess is that the sellers did not do anything illegal, because if they had done so then the networks would be throwing them under the bus as the fall guys.
That is also an interesting point...where did Gregory get the mag? Certainly not in any DC gun shop. Did he buy it in Virginia and "smuggle" it into DC?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

bluez Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 AM   #77
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7826 Times on 4516 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
That is also an interesting point...where did Gregory get the mag? Certainly not in any DC gun shop. Did he buy it in Virginia and "smuggle" it into DC?
Yes, but I have no doubt that one could buy one on the street in DC if they were willing to take the risk- of being on the street in DC!

I really do wish that Wayne had said something like:

"Mr. Gregory, you are committing a crime by holding that illegal magazine in your hand right now within the city limits of Washington DC. Now can you tell me how it could possibly save one single life or make our schoolchildren any safer if you were to be arrested and thrown in jail for what you are doing right now on live television? You are asking me if I would support any new gun laws if they would make our children safer, and I am asking you if current gun laws are effective then why are you able to hold that 30-round magazine right here today, and what possible reason can you give as to why you should not be arrested and taken to jail for what you are doing? And I'll give your answer. It is because YOU", Mr. Gregory, pose no danger while holding that magazine. No more so than the overwhelming majority of the people in the United States pose a danger while holding an AR-15 with a fully loaded 30-round magazine inserted in it pose any danger to anybody. The fact is that the tool that you are holding is not the problem, Sir. It is the mind of the person who uses the tool that poses the danger. That is what we as a nation need to focus on. We need to figure out how to address that danger.

"Make no mistake, Mr. Gregory, but you are dangerous. Very dangerous indeed to our freedoms as Americans. You hold the power of your position as a media spokesperson to influence people in this country who are ignorant to the facts of freedom. Ignorant of the dangers to that freedom. ignorant of the dangers that an unarmed populace would face, if we are disarmed in any way. You, Mr. Gregory, are dangerous. You are a danger because of your ignorance. And you are spreading that ignorance under the guise of gun control."

Need I go on?

Seriously, Wayne missed a golden opportunity there. Hell, it would have made for great TV and it would have been a better move than all of the dodging straight answers he was doing.

Poorly played Mr. LaPierre. Poorly played.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #78

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

According to Cam Edwards and NRA news podcast today, he asked the DVD police for it. The said NO, so he asked the ATF, who said SURE, go ahead.

DC police are investigating.

Obama will probably pardon him

Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 1752

The "news" media at one time made an honest effort to be neutral and simply report the facts on events as they happened, leaving it to each reader to form his own opinions. But over the last 60 years or so, the media has evolved into a propaganda machine, trying to shove the paid-for "opinions" of the publishers down the throats of the people. I'm glad Gregory got his a$$ called on the broadcast.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 12-27-2012 at 04:46 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #80

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Viking;
The fine against CBS was reversed and your words to excuse Dick Gregory and point out how silly blaming magazines is the NRA's official position as promulgated by its President in TV interviews since. No, he didn't excuse Dick Gregory's action as that of a journalist as The Wall Street Journal even did but points out he has an anti-gun agenda.