David Gregory breaks DC gun laws on meet the press - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > David Gregory breaks DC gun laws on meet the press

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Huh? Now I'm confused.

I just read (and copied)...

'"Meet the Press" was reportedly given permission to use an empty gun magazine on-air, according to TMZ.

The site said Wednesday that according to sources, the show contacted the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives before the segment. A D.C. police official told ATF that NBC News could show the magazine.'

So although DC Police DID deny NBC directly, NBC called ATF who called DC who surrendered their authority to the Administration...

Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #62

Liked 64 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Huh? Now I'm confused.

I just read (and copied)...

'"Meet the Press" was reportedly given permission to use an empty gun magazine on-air, according to TMZ.

The site said Wednesday that according to sources, the show contacted the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives before the segment. A D.C. police official told ATF that NBC News could show the magazine.'

So although DC Police DID deny NBC directly, NBC called ATF who called DC who surrendered their authority to the Administration...
Still don't matter he was in possession of an il illegal item.

That would be like me going out and showing a bag of weed on TV. I'd be busted in 2 seconds.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #63
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I say give him a by because he's media,

HOWEVER!!!!---in return the media HAS to send Piers Morgan packing!

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
People Like This 
Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #64

And Gregory was already scheduled to be on vacation this coming weekend... He'll be getting pats on the back at DC parties through New Years Day and a Producer's credit and check soon as a result for being a good party apparatchik. I heard he may even get The Order of Obama Medal soon!

Besides, prove it was a real mag. It's in The Potomac by now...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-26-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #65

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Deleted.......

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #66
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Just looking at the Patriot Perspective and they say that some other guy named Don Lemon upstaged Gregory a bit. Seems Lemon purchased an AR 15 in Aurora just after the theater shooting there and then admitted to this on TV. Lemon was last reported to reside in Atlanta Georgia. If I recall correctly providing false information (such as a falsified residence) on Form 4473 is a federal felony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
and how does that information pass the background check?
Do any of you remember Sarah Brady straw purchasing one of those evil 30-06 hunting rifles for her felon son?? Yet NOTHING EVER came of it...it was swept under the proverbial rug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
I am not able to sign in anymore either. Now I get emails from Obama stating that the majority of people are all for more gun control due to gun violence. It just doesn't make sense. I have been signing pro gun petitions for a long time and I am now getting anti gun thank you's from the White House' website.

It doesn't make any sense to me.
Hmmmm I got one of those video thank spews as well...i wonder if i am banned from that site as well?

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #67
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5739 Times on 2998 Posts
Likes Given: 380

i really think the book should be thrown at this self rightous prck. give at least one of these buttclowns what its like to be on the recieving end of their own crap.

its amazing how willing they are to dictate how we the people should live but arent willing to live under the laws they make for us.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Jpyle Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
These guys both broke the law. During the act of calling for new laws.

Do you think that they intend to follow the new laws, or are they "special cases' with the same ability to step around the the law as felons have. These guys must think that they are on some,"mission from God", or are social-paths with no conscience that what they do is wrong.

If anything comes of this, they will probably have to pay a fine,(bank-rolled by the network, and it will be over. The fine will be nothing compared to the personal rewards they receive.

It is the same with many businesses and banks today. Break the law, say for laundering money for terrorists or drug lords, pay a fine, nobody goes to jail, tomorrow is business as usual.

On the other side of this, if a regular person of regular means breaks the law, they are prosecuted to the fullest extent, especially if the prosecutor can make some political "hay" out of it. That prosecution, and fine, is intended to hurt the lessor subjects of the Kingdom, and deter them, and hold the rest of peasants in check by the example.

I don't think this will ever be easily changed unless all the present leadership is turned out of office, and new elected in. There is a " I am better than you" mentality in the people in charge today.

I also think, for fairness, the person who made this magazine available to this news-man elitist, and the dealer who sold the AR in Colorado to that news-man elitist, should be prosecuted if laws were broken. If we, ourselves stand behind the enforcement of the law, we can't give these people a "by" either.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Jpyle Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #69

My defense of Gregory by questioning anybody and everybody I could put on the stand would be only one question... Do you know what he held was a real, fully functioning, 30-round gun magazine or just a visual aid for demonstration purposes? And then I'd pull out one of the latter, for demonstration purposes. No-one, not even Gregory if he were foolish enough to testify, could ever answer affirmatively.

Case closed.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-27-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #70

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
My defense of Gregory by questioning anybody and everybody I could put on the stand would be only one question... Do you know what he held was a real, fully functioning, 30-round gun magazine or just a visual aid for demonstration purposes? And then I'd pull out one of the latter, for demonstration purposes. No-one, not even Gregory if he were foolish enough to testify, could ever answer affirmatively.

Case closed.
He claimed that it was. Guilty by his own admission. Case closed.