David Gregory breaks DC gun laws on meet the press - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > David Gregory breaks DC gun laws on meet the press

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #51
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8274 Times on 4781 Posts
Likes Given: 10701

Just looking at the Patriot Perspective and they say that some other guy named Don Lemon upstaged Gregory a bit. Seems Lemon purchased an AR 15 in Aurora just after the theater shooting there and then admitted to this on TV. Lemon was last reported to reside in Atlanta Georgia. If I recall correctly providing false information (such as a falsified residence) on Form 4473 is a federal felony.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Just looking at the Patriot Perspective and they say that some other guy named Don Lemon upstaged Gregory a bit. Seems Lemon purchased an AR 15 in Aurora just after the theater shooting there and then admitted to this on TV. Lemon was last reported to reside in Atlanta Georgia. If I recall correctly providing false information (such as a falsified residence) on Form 4473 is a federal felony.
and how does that information pass the background check?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #53

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I can no longer sign petitions on the White House site. I tried to log in, no luck. Tried to recover my password, no luck. Tried to re register, and got an "invalid email" message. This is the same account I used to register to begin with, and sign numerous petitions.

The only option I see is to create another email account, and use it to create another WH.gov account.

And people think we aren't being tracked in what we do...
I almost expect to see those helicopters...
I am not able to sign in anymore either. Now I get emails from Obama stating that the majority of people are all for more gun control due to gun violence. It just doesn't make sense. I have been signing pro gun petitions for a long time and I am now getting anti gun thank you's from the White House' website.

It doesn't make any sense to me.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #54

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
I am not able to sign in anymore either. Now I get emails from Obama stating that the majority of people are all for more gun control due to gun violence. It just doesn't make sense. I have been signing pro gun petitions for a long time and I am now getting anti gun thank you's from the White House' website.

It doesn't make an sense to me.
you can't be serious?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
The same way that ATF agent George Gillette was able to purchase three firearms in Arizona while he was working on the Fast And Furious debacle and gave false addresses yet still was able to purchase the guns. One of the guns (a Herstal) turned up in the shootout where some Mexican actress was murdered.

You see, this illustrates exactly the point that Wayne was trying to make in the interview. There are 20,000 gun laws on the books and virtually no enforcement of any of them. What little enforcement there has been, much has been misdirected. Rather than going after criminals who seek to gain access to them or who use them in crimes, all too often a FFL is prosecuted for selling a gun to someone like Gillette or Lemon, or a banned magazine to Gregory. Rarely does one hear about a felon getting busted for a firearms violation that is not connected to another crime the felon has committed.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #56

The Background Check is not by any means foolproof unfortunately. I am not opposed to beefing up what is already there. I mean seriously, can you really disagree that it makes us look bad because some schmuck reporter can go through legal channels to purchase a firearm (like Lemon did) and be able to walk out of a store with it even though he provided false information?

It makes absolutely no difference that there are millions of us in this country who would never think of falsifying information to obtain a firearm. One schmuck buys a gun illegally like these guys did and it makes us look bad to the anti-gunners.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:13 AM   #57

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Technicality...under federal law the "contiguous states" is interpreted as the 48 continental states so he was permitted under federal laws to purchase the firearm, barring any other 4473 issues...where Lemon has a problem is under CO law that defines contiguous as "sharing a common border." Now I'm no Geography wiz but last I checked Colorado and Georgia do not share a common border so he made an illegal purchase under Colorado law not Federal law.

But I agree, if he advocates full prosecution under existing laws and advocates for even tighter controls than he should willingly surrender himself to the Colorado authorities and accept his fate. Not holding my breath as this guy is just another liberal blow hard that believes laws are for thee, not for me.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 12-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #58

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

If I remember correctly, he said this can hold 30 bullets. Or something to that effect. So for me he is a liar or guilty.
To me he is both.

-Matt

Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #59

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

you can't be serious?
Serious, that's what's going on with me.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #60

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/12/david-gregory-will-not-host-this-sundays-meet-the-152814.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/cops-nbc-told-dont-use-gun-clip-85497.html

Gregory goes on leave. NBC was told not to use the rifle magazine.

Bwahahaha

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 12-26-2012 at 08:13 PM.
People Like This