You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media >

current (2016-17) concealed carry numbers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8185 Times on 4473 Posts
Likes Given: 13962

the problem is there are just cities and areas of this country that are overly controlled by the anti-gun grabbers and politicians, and those who oppose them are of either too few numbers to change the way things are, or not enough care to help change things for the better in regard to gun rights.

sorry to say, but there are just cities, that after a certain point, you just have to move on and concentrate on areas where we can make a difference. hopefully those like Mr. Kfox will see the writing on the wall and realize it's not going to get better, and may even get worse, and decide it's time to pull up stakes and move to more gun friendly state. or just stay where they are and suffer.
People Like This 
Old 08-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #52

Liked 3616 Times on 2135 Posts
Likes Given: 2792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas53 View Post
the problem is there are just cities and areas of this country that are overly controlled by the anti-gun grabbers and politicians, and those who oppose them are of either too few numbers to change the way things are, or not enough care to help change things for the better in regard to gun rights.

sorry to say, but there are just cities, that after a certain point, you just have to move on and concentrate on areas where we can make a difference. hopefully those like Mr. Kfox will see the writing on the wall and realize it's not going to get better, and may even get worse, and decide it's time to pull up stakes and move to more gun friendly state. or just stay where they are and suffer.
its almost a situation where I hate to agree, but I do agree.

small, LOUD minorities CAN make a huge impact and have done so in this country. but the smaller you are, the harder and louder and nastier you will have to fight. we have to face it, sitting at home and emailing representatives isn't going to change anything in california's current gun climate. businesses leaving (like magpul in colorado) and prominent residents leaving and publically stating why would be a good start.

these states are sadly, almost beyond hope because a vast majority agree with the stringent gun control. BUT...the real fight in these states is against the coming legislation that will undoubtedly attempt to effectively remove virtually ALL second amendment rights....eventually its coming, piece by piece.

this is where gun rights groups like the NRA MUST step in and protect the citizens of these states. a great example was the NRA's fight to return the right to own handguns to the citizens of DC. cali & others may have to accept they will never buy hi cap mags or non neutered AR's or have the right to carry to defend themselves. its the reality of it....but gun control advocates TRULY need to stand for these states to see the most minimal firearm rights are not removed. and imo, this is the end game in these states attempts to completely control their citizens.

ok, rant over there. I do wish all the law abiding gun owners in gun hating states the best of luck. and I don't blame them for their situation, most of them are doing their best in a bad situation. its a hard place being hopelessly outnumbered.
People Like This 
Old 08-22-2017, 12:04 PM   #53

Liked 3616 Times on 2135 Posts
Likes Given: 2792

Quote:
kfox75;1877418]that doesn't fall on you Hawk.
actually, I think it does. i'm afraid I opened that can of worms, but maybe I can help get em back in there.

Quote:
Sorry if it caused any confusion, or started a minor cluster ****
it happens. I have cluster****** a few threads myself. we are people with strong opinions after all. and we will disagree, even forget that we are fundamentally on the same side.

to your point about NY, (and this IS positive)....I do remember the hard fight NYer's (mostly upstate) put up against the SAFE act. they didn't go silently, and I know thousands and thousands of them practice civil disobedience against those absurd laws that only apply to law abiding people.

I've never been to NY, but I will go someday soon. but I already have an idea of the VAST difference between the land, people, and culture of rural NY vs urban NY.
People Like This