Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Criminals keep guns, Farmers have them taken away

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2643 Times on 1540 Posts
Likes Given: 1173

Default Criminals keep guns, Farmers have them taken away

The Honduras government thinks they have a good reason to ban firearms.

http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/22/13410446-farmers-clash-with-police-in-honduras-over-right-to-bear-arms?lite

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #2

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

That's because the government is corrupt. Drug trade brings them money. As is the case with many Central/south american countries.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2643 Times on 1540 Posts
Likes Given: 1173

When I think of the US and how they could try this tactic here......

Oh yeah, Chicago is doing that now.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #4

Liked 204 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
When I think of the US and how they could try this tactic here......

What part of the 1,800's American History did you miss? The resettlement of Native Ameicans and the taking of their lands?,( SD, OH, ND, SD and MT), the taking of FL from Spain? The civil war and reconstruction?, the war with Mexico and the taking of their land?(CA, NM, AZ, NV) The Spanish American war? (where do you think Puerto Rico came from?) And iet us not forget our Texas friends, they would be upset. Remember the Alamo (that rocks)

NO, we would never do anything like that, (LOL) ya right.
Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 08-27-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #5

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim

What part of the 1,800's American History did you miss? The resettlement of Native Ameicans and the taking of their lands?,( SD, OH, ND, SD and MT), the taking of FL from Spain? The civil war and reconstruction?, the war with Mexico and the taking of their land?(CA, NM, AZ, NV) The Spanish American war? (where do you think Puerto Rico came from?) And iet us not forget our Texas friends, they would be upset. Remember the Alamo (that rocks)

NO, we would never do anything like that, (LOL) ya right.
Jim
Although I agree with you, your history is a bit off.

You forgot the trail of tears from Southeast US to Oklahoma.

As for taking land from Mexico, that is just incorrect. Those territories were conceeded after the Mexican War under the treaty of Guadalupe Hidago(sp). Then we even paid the Mexican Government for the land when no payment was part of the treaty.

NEVER FORGET

Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #6

Quote:
treaty of Guadalupe Hidago(sp).
A treaty at gun point is not a treaty, if our troups weren't in Mexico City at the time, there would be no treaty. Forgive me I left my Financial Times at home, how much did we pay per million acres?

Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 08-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #7

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim

A treaty at gun point is not a treaty, if our troups weren't in Mexico City at the time, there would be no treaty. Forgive me I left my Financial Times at home, how much did we pay per million acres?

Jim
How else does a treaty to end a war happen? US paid 15 million dollars for the Mexican territory that held less than 1% of the countries population. Alot of those people wanted American or British rule.

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 08-27-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Alot of those people wanted American or British rule.
I can't blame them for wanting that considering what they had at the time. But as to the $15,000,000 it is a drop in the bucket when you consider the amount of Gold that was taken out of CA, the Copper from AZ, the salt from UT, the urainum from NM, the coal deposits in AZ, CO and UT. And lets not forget the oil resurves.

The point is that all this land including the eastern sea board of the US were taken at the point of a gun. So let's not be the pot calling the kettle black when talking about what other countries are doing.

Jim

Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #9

Liked 4544 Times on 2196 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

America certainly has our past indiscretions however, until recently, the end result of these land grabs was the expansion of liberty because our constitution afforded far more freedom than Mexicos, Frances, Spains or Englands.

Many of our early policies on expansion and settlement were brutal bit our founders understood that we could not grow and prosper unfettered with European Super Powers amongst. Those wo could be bought out were, those who could not be bought were forced.

Negotiation OR force are the only two methods of resolving conflict and even having Native American Lineage does not give me pause or make me question the expansion and settlement of the North American Continent because despite it's atrocities it also paved the way for the greatest force of liberty the world has yet to see.

We are the Shining City on a Hill. We are the Modern Roman Empire.

...and we are grateful there will always be enough of us to ensure it endures with our readiness to stand and defend it from all enemies...be they foreign OR domestic.

Tack

Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #10

Quote:
...and we are grateful there will always be enough of us to ensure it endures with our readiness to stand and defend it from all enemies...be they foreign OR domestic.
Tack, while I like your resolve and praise you patriotism, there are just not enough of us left. With over 1 billion muslims and over 4 billion Chiniese and two billion in India, we are just out numbered. Todays wars are fought with dollars and we are loosing. We no longer have the resovle to expend our loved ones in battles that we will lose, unless directly attached we will stand off and try to buy our way out of trouble. Not something to be proud of, but true. The Roman Empire is a bad example to follow, they were brutal, self serving, corrupt, POS that would send in the troops and kill every man, woman and child into a city for even one roman citizen being killed by accident. If you wheren't killed you were sold into slavery. Just not my type of people, I am glad they are gone.

Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 08-27-2012 at 06:58 PM.