Colorado shooting over in 80 sec. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media >

Colorado shooting over in 80 sec.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The streets that the students use to walk home have armed police. The buses travel roads patrolled by armed State Troopers. All athletic events have armed police presents.
But once the students are huddled in to an enclosure that has signs, saying gun free zone no armed police are allowed??? Only the Teachers Union can come with up something that stupid.
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 12-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 337 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc View Post
I liked the part where the janitor ran out of the building with the librarian and after said he was trying to get the shooter to follow him, now I have no beef with the man saving his own life,, he had no obligation to fight, but lets call it what it is.
I wondered IF I was the only one that interpreted the librarians actions that way. Local media is saying that is what "confused" the gunman and is responsible for the low body count.

I don't blame the man for running away - Col. Cooper is credited for saying, "Armed men kill unarmed ones with monotonous regularity." But are we going to hang a medal on him ?

Personally, I think it would have been easier to face the gunman than to live w the knowledge that he left an innocent girl to face the wrath of a pissed off teenager. The Kid went there to kill him after all and no one seems to want to know why?

Did the "resource officer" face the teenager down or did the kid just decide to end his life after shooting the girl ? He was armed for a fight but decided not after shooting an innocent victim. Killer w a conscience ? Or just a coward ? More questions than answers and media is giving it's usual spin.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #23

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Yes and John Wilkes Booth was cleaning his pistol when Lincoln was shot?
Warrior1256 Likes This 
Old 12-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #24
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1694 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 4120

One thing that I noticed is that Fow News mentioned nothing about a Resource Officer involved anywhere in the incident. As a reader, I was led to believe that the shooter went in looking for a specific target but the girl intervened and was shot and then the shooter took himself out. The article also stated that the shooter had 125 rounds and 4 Molotov Cocktails and that one of those were deployed.

It was mentioned in another post about the media giving recognition to these nut bags. The media should not ever give the name(s) of the shooters nor identify the weapons used and they should not release the name(s) of the victims without permission. They should just simply state what happened and the end result. The media should stop giving 15 minutes of fame to the nut bags that do these things.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur