Colorado shooting over in 80 sec.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Colorado shooting over in 80 sec.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

I was reading the sprint news blurbs n my cell phone and came across a CNN story where they actually admitted a armed deputy in the building stopped the shooter from carrying on his killing. The shooter ( not surprisingly) chose to end his cowardly life and not engage the deputy. One minute twenty seconds. One innocent little girl terribly hurt but would have been tragically worse if no one was armed in the school that day. Ill try to paste the link....

http://sprint.mw.cnn.com/viewarticle?id=1000273

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #2

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts

Interesting

Old 12-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #3

Liked 185 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 56

The deputy was a school resource officer. He is mentioned on page 2 and page 3. So having an armed person at a school does help, contrary to what the anti 2A crowd says.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #4

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
The deputy was a school resource officer. He is mentioned on page 2 and page 3. So having an armed person at a school does help, contrary to what the anti 2A crowd says.
That's what surprised me,, usually the lamestream media will go to great lengths to downplay the effectiveness of guns to stop gun violence.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #5

Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc View Post

That's what surprised me,, usually the lamestream media will go to great lengths to downplay the effectiveness of guns to stop gun violence.
Its hard to cover this though.
"How was the situation bright to an end?"
"An armed officer intervened"
"In under two minutes?"
"Well, he was there as a resource officer..."

Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #6

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Im surprised obama didnt send his gestapo to try and cover this one up. This kinda proves that armed security in schools makes things safer. Lets hope that those wounded recover. I'm glade that this was contained but still is sad that people got hurt like they did.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #7

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Glad they stopped the little coward... Would be better if the responder had been an armed staff member though.

Tack

People Like This 
Old 12-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 1077 Posts
Likes Given: 544

I don't know why the media covers these mass killers. The liberal media is guilty as hell. Gun owners don't make some mental case a household name. I guarantee no one knows the name of any of the shooters on the US national team, but they know the names of psychopaths who shoot kids.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 12-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #9

Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
Im surprised obama didnt send his gestapo to try and cover this one up. This kinda proves that armed security in schools makes things safer. Lets hope that those wounded recover. I'm glade that this was contained but still is sad that people got hurt like they did.
I honestly was surprised that most schools didn't have armed officers on staff when i learned about this the last coulee years. I graduated in 08 from a little country town in Oregon most people have never heard of and we had a resource officer. When i was in middle school in an even smaller town the middle school had one too. Its a no brainer that its safer that way.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #10

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Here is another link to the same story. Click the arrows below the image to see others.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/14/us/colorado-school-shooting/

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!