Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Clarksville Student Suspended For Knife In Father's Car

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Clarksville Student Suspended For Knife In Father's Car

Clarksville Student Suspended For Knife In Father's Car

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn - A high school student in Montgomery County has been suspended after school officials found a knife inside his father's car.

David Duren-Sanner should be spending his time going through college and scholarship applications this time of year.

Instead, he's wondering if he'll even be able to graduate after what hundreds of people are calling an overreaction to a mistake.

On Thursday, Duren-Sanner, a senior at Northeast High School drove his father's car to school. During a random lockdown, his car was chosen to be searched.

Duren-Sanner gave permission because he said he had nothing to hide.

His father is a commercial fisherman on the West Coast and had apparently left a fishing knife in the car. Duren-Sanner's father said it might have been wedged between one of the seats.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd04/school-knife-in-car.htm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 648

that is so wrong.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

The backlash from these moronic school administrators is sure to come. They have gotten SO far out of line, the public has got to finally say "enough". Zero tolerance = zero common sense

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #4

Liked 216 Times on 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The backlash from these moronic school administrators is sure to come. They have gotten SO far out of line, the public has got to finally say "enough". Zero tolerance = zero common sense
My thoughts exactly. Things have changed so much in the last 20 yrs. I almost hate to think of what it will be like 20 from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Did he bring a knife on school property? Yes he did. You are calling the zero tolerance part of this story moronic. I'm calling the kid a moron for allowing a search of a car that was not his. If you loan your car out or borrow somebody else's car, don't be surprised at what you may find in it.

Why is everybody working on the assumption that this kid is telling the truth? We had a local 16 year old arrested this week for a loaded .38 stuffed in his sock. I sincerely doubt he borrowed the sock and didn't know it was in there, but you can bet he had some kind of excuse for carrying a loaded gun to school.

Last edited by Doc3402; 03-07-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 204 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Dang Doc----let's spin this one around a bit and see if your opinion changes?

You have a car? Kids?

Let's say you let junior borrow the car to go to a movie with his girlfriend. Unknown
to you he gives a ride to a sort of buddy and his pill-head girlfriend. She drops a tab
of Oxy in the backseat, it slides between the cushions and is lost.

3 months later for whatever reason the police ask if they can search the car. You say
"sure, no problem, nothing to hide". They pop the rear seat cushion---you hire a lawyer.

Sound fair to you? Since the kid's car was on school property, he probably really didn't
have a choice on the consent---guessing a NO would have had consequences too.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

BillM, I understand what you're saying, and it could have happened either way. I'm just not going to jump on 'the poor kid is innocent and the gummint is out to get him' bandwagon. Did the kid have to consent to a search? He's not the lawful owner of the car. You tell me.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:59 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5454 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

This has nothing to do with positive use of firearms...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread