Civilians Overcome Kenyan Shopping Mall Invaders - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Civilians Overcome Kenyan Shopping Mall Invaders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
I choose option number 1. We all know from our leaders that crazy armed people intent on mayhem can be reasoned with. That's what the gun free zone signs are for silly. Why would you want to take a life when you can just talk it out? Besides, only trained LEO/MIL will react properly, stupid citizens would only make the situation worse by shooting the wrong people and eventually the weapon would be taken from them and used for more mayhem.

Sarcasm off.
LOL!

Ms Feinstein would commend you for taking that approach.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1855 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 682

One would think the average citizen in Kenya takes his/her firearms training a little more seriously than people in other countries. Aside of all the animals that see humans as the other white meat there is a lot of crime in Kenya. People that can afford it build huge brick/plaster fences around their homes. Guard dogs are very common. I am not talking about a hound picked up at the shelter or a rottweiler but dogs that are trained for military/police duty. I don't know how well the people are armed. Most African countries have restrictive gun laws. The gentleman in the article was not a common citizen, nor were the people that came to his aid. They all were the elite of Kenyan society. They believed the mall attack was personal and it would end up in their neighborhood if they didn't act quickly.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 10-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8456 Times on 4899 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
One would think the average citizen in Kenya takes his/her firearms training a little more seriously than people in other countries. Aside of all the animals that see humans as the other white meat there is a lot of crime in Kenya. People that can afford it build huge brick/plaster fences around their homes. Guard dogs are very common. I am not talking about a hound picked up at the shelter or a rottweiler but dogs that are trained for military/police duty. I don't know how well the people are armed. Most African countries have restrictive gun laws. The gentleman in the article was not a common citizen, nor were the people that came to his aid. They all were the elite of Kenyan society. They believed the mall attack was personal and it would end up in their neighborhood if they didn't act quickly.
Those walled compounds are common all over the Third World. When I have been to Mexico I saw it all over the place. They set broken bottles along the top edges of the walls and sometimes concertina wire. Nice way to live.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Those walled compounds are common all over the Third World. When I have been to Mexico I saw it all over the place. They set broken bottles along the top edges of the walls and sometimes concertina wire. Nice way to live.
All the cool old courtyards in the N.O. French Quarter had walls, many with the broken glass icing.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.