Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Civilians Overcome Kenyan Shopping Mall Invaders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1032 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
I was reading the article and googled SSK heavy Blaster Pistol out of curiosity. The SSK is what Han Solo carried in Star Wars---I wonder if this is some media joke. It pisses me off that when a gun is used in a positive way they have to do this.
My inner geek is showing, I knew what it was when I saw it in the article. Chock it up to simple anti-gun ignorance. And yes, it pizzes me off too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
The world needs more good guys with guns!
True that! What we really need is the lame stream media to report more of the good guys TCBing on the front page, and the azz hats doing the bad sh!t getting buried back on page C5. A simple change of focus would do wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
Kind of puts a dent in the old gun control arguments about "trained professionals only".
Yes it does. What most folks don't realize is that most "professionals" spend less time training and on the range than a lot of the civilians out there. One thing to consider is this. You can train 'til you can't stand up at the end of the day, but training does not cover every possible threat. It also does not teach you to think outside of the box. In both links it mentions that roughly 10 civilians armed themselves and rode in to try to save the day. I would like to know what their level off training was, and how many trained gun owner's did nothing but watch the events unfolding on the tube. It also begs the question, were there signs on the door saying that this building is a "gun free" zone? If there were, it shows us all just how "effective" those signs are when it comes to preventing crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The Muslim terrorists, no matter what they call themselves, no matter what religion they use as their excuse, are nothing but a gang of thugs who want to control everything they can grab and gain wealth and power for their guru of the moment.
Thank goodness there were armed civilians who could help people escape.
Amen to that brother.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #12
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5618 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

I posted a comment about the SSK heavy blaster, but I don't see any responses yet.

There is an SSK that sells special barrels for the contender and encore pistols.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 898 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 1250

I didn't see the Star Wars stuff, so I don't know anything about a "blaster".

Old 10-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I didn't see the Star Wars stuff, so I don't know anything about a "blaster".
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SSK-7_heavy_blaster_pistol

GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
OK, thanks

Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7315 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9422

Apparently there is an SSK Industries that makes barrels for Thompson Center guns but they don't make any complete firearms. Regardless I have seen an interview with this Haji guy and other news outlets have picked it up so it looks like it is true at this point. That is really odd though that they would specify a gun that doesn't exist.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I know that Han's pistol was a Mauser Broomhandle with some extra plastic added to make it look like a "blaster". But it's pretty easy to tell them apart. So i don't see how they could confuse the two. Assuming he had a Broomhandle.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Armed civilians rescuing the sheeple. That's why we MUST protect and preserve our right to be armed civillians. The options you have in that kind of mess are:
1. Hide and cringe until the BGs find you, then beg for mercy.
2. Hide only if you must, but only until you have the opportunity to fight back and help defend others, then fight for all you are worth.
(BTW, by "hide", I don't mean go to a stall in the ladies' head, I mean move around under cover until you find your opportunity to make a difference).

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 10-02-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

His pistol looks like a 1911 or maybe a cz-75 or some other similar semi-auto pistol with an exposed hammer, at least on the still pictures provided.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #20

Liked 608 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Armed civilians rescuing the sheeple. That's why we MUST protect and preserve our right to be armed civillians. The options you have in that kind of mess are:
1. Hide and cringe until the BGs find you, then beg for mercy.
2. Hide only if you must, but only until you have the opportunity to fight back and help defend others, then fight for all you are worth.
(BTW, by "hide", I don't mean go to a stall in the ladies' head, I mean move around under cover until you find your opportunity to make a difference).
I choose option number 1. We all know from our leaders that crazy armed people intent on mayhem can be reasoned with. That's what the gun free zone signs are for silly. Why would you want to take a life when you can just talk it out? Besides, only trained LEO/MIL will react properly, stupid citizens would only make the situation worse by shooting the wrong people and eventually the weapon would be taken from them and used for more mayhem.

Sarcasm off.