ccw stops mass murderer - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > ccw stops mass murderer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2217 Times on 1314 Posts
Likes Given: 1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
I thought I heard others on the forum say that if you are legally ccw carrying that your are obligated to protect innocent lives that are in jeopardy.
I would not use the word 'obligated' but I would use the word 'responsibility'.
Before you intervene you MUST consider the totality of the circumstances in a responsible context.

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 07-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #32

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Axxe is anti-gun? Only way I see that happening is in one of Diane Swinestein's perverted dreams. Funny how a guy with less than 50 posts attacks a well known 2A advocate and respected member here.

People Like This 
Old 07-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Interesting question.

Are we talking Joe Citizen with no badge or other public service attachments?
Morally? Perhaps, depending on one's morals. I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't attempt to help someone in danger of losing their life if I possibly had the means to prevent it. YMMV.
Legally? No, not really. If you called 911, you've pretty much done your duty as a citizen. I bet a lot of lawyers would tell you that you're better off staying out of it.
Practically? One should use their head. Jumping into a full strength gangland firefight to save someone might not be the smartest thing you do that day, however heroic it seems.

My take? Just because one owns a 4x4 truck and a tow chain doesn't mean they are obligated to pull every slide-off they see out of the ditch.

Is an armed civilian more obligated to render assistance to a stranger than an unarmed civilian? Does my personal choice to carry a firearm bring with it an increased duty to fellow citizens?
Heck, this could be a fun thread by itself.
IMO, it lies more on where one's moral compass points as to what action a person takes.

personally, whether armed or unarmed, i just couldn't sit back and not do nothing and allow others to die when i could do something, anything for that matter that might save someone's life.

and your thoughts on that as a new thread sounds interesting and would probably make for a good discussion subject.
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 07-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1279 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Amen.
Once I was driving on a street the borders a shopping center, and saw 2 cars stopped at the curb. There was a man punching and kicking a woman who was laid out on the pavement. There was a big crowd of people, 200 or so, in the parking area of the shopping center just standing there watching. I wasn't carrying at the time, but I stopped and got out of my car. As I approached him, he got up and came running toward me. I laid him out with one punch to the face. I called 911, and when the deputies arrived, they ridiculed me for getting involved, told me I could have been shot. That's OK, I did what was right.
Another time, I was driving through Dallas, and came upon a burning 18-wheeler with a Corvette stuck under the trailer, and was also burning. There was a man inside screaming and trying to get out, but the door of his Corvette wouldn't open. Again, there was a big crowd watching. So I got my tire tool and fire extinguisher, asked a man in the crowd to squirt my hands and the door handle with the fire extinguisher as I tried to pry the door open. It wouldn't open, so I broke out the window on the driver's side and dragged the man out of the car. He was severely burned, but survived.
I'm not trying to claim any reward here, but just pointing out the prevalence of cowardly people in this country who won't take any risk to save a stranger. They'll stand and watch a tragedy unfold as if it is a spectator sport.
Anyway, I've intervened in several other events, so I stand with the people who would take action to save another person from being victimized.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 07-28-2014 at 02:45 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-29-2014, 02:29 AM   #35

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Don't feel bad AXXE.

14 year olds with dilutions of grandeur are soooo busy formulating their next words "to impress others"...they can't be bothered with actually reading what you've written.

I just wanna know who's basement he's typing from?

Mom's??? Or Grandma's???

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
look PuppyDog, don't go trying to take what i said out of context, and trying to put your own line of thinking upon it.

at what point did i say the outcome was a bad one? hmmm...i didn't.
anytime a goodguy takes out a badguy and prevents further loss of life, that a good thing.

at what point did i ever say anything about taking guns away from people? hmmmmm.....i never once did.
exactly where did you determine such nonsense?

and i said "if" he was charged when another poster brought up the question, it depending on the prosecutor and the jury and their thoughts on gun in general. if is a might huge leap, to inferring that i wanted him prosecuted. at which no point did i say. if you knew my positions on many subjects you wouldn't make such bald faced lies.

you seem to have huge problem with reading comprehension. but by all means attack my comments some more. it just shows how little you truly understand about things and your failure to have an intelligent discussion. and a plant for anti-gun websites? puleeeze!

have yourself a good night Mr. PuppyDog!
People Like This 
Old 07-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1279 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

We all need to take a "kinder, gentler" approach when dealing with somebody who doesn't understand the situation. Here are a few words of "wisdom" that relate to dealing with a smart (dumb) a$$ poster:
"Nobody is Perfect."
"Each of us is a mixture of good qualities and some, perhaps, not-so-good qualities.
In considering our fellow man, we should remember his good qualities (if any), and realize that his faults only prove that he is, after all, a human being.
We should refrain from making harsh judgment of a person just because he happens to be a dirty, rotten, no-good son-of-a-bitch".
People Like This 
Old 07-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #37

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
We all need to take a "kinder, gentler" approach when dealing with somebody who doesn't understand the situation. Here are a few words of "wisdom" that relate to dealing with a smart (dumb) a$$ poster:
"Nobody is Perfect."
"Each of us is a mixture of good qualities and some, perhaps, not-so-good qualities.
In considering our fellow man, we should remember his good qualities (if any), and realize that his faults only prove that he is, after all, a human being.
We should refrain from making harsh judgment of a person just because he happens to be a dirty, rotten, no-good son-of-a-bitch".
Quote of the week!

ROFLMAO!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1325 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Default Psychiatrist Shooting in PA Hospital

This is somewhat old news now, but I think it has a fairly novel ending. As was in the news a legally carrying Doctor stopped a killer in the Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby, PA (on the border of SW Philadelphia). As are most hospitals, this one was a "gun free" zone. There have been so far no repercussions on the Doctor for having a firearm, and there appear to be no sanctions suggested.

Maybe the people in charge are re-thinking this gun free zone idea. Mercy Fitzgerald is not in a particularly good section of town. Carrying self protection should be recommended as far as I can see.

As an aside, I was born in that hospital. In those times most of the nurses were Roman Catholic Sisters. Not true anymore.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #39
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

when the liberals and the anti-gun proponents wake up and realize that GFZ's are nothing more than target rich environments for crazed and deranged killers, then maybe, just maybe they will say enough is enough, and realize that LAC's should be afforded the opportunity to go where they please and to be able to defend themselves, without being restricted.

frankly, i see little possibility of that happening, since that would mean they would have to admit they have been wrong and gun control to reduce violent criminal acts had been a failure from the start. even though they are faced with those facts, they still refuse to admit they are wrong. this trying to work from a position or stance based on emotion, rather than rational or logical thinking.

gun control laws, and GFZ's do not stop violent criminals or deranged individuals bent on doing harm to groups of people. LAC's with guns stop this from happening.

People Like This