Cato Institute Guns and Self Defense Map - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Cato Institute Guns and Self Defense Map

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I know of one the cato place missed in Mississippi. A friend of a friend shot his girl's aggravated ex-whatever in the guts with a SKS, successfully defending chickie's home/probably her health too. The shootee survived and went on to the state pen for trying to run down some police officers who were trying to check his ID at a road block or something, not the smartest feller, IMO. We all were wondering if he still had the colostomy bag when he got to the pen and if that made him more "user friendly". (dude was serious dirtbag and ruin of his whole dang family prettymuch)

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #12

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Latest cases where a firearms has saved a users life

Here is a frequently updated list of cases where a firearm has saved the users life, stopped a robbery or halted an attempt to harm someone.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 03-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #13

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Think about how full that map really would be if every single person actually reported when they had to draw there weapon. I was just thinking not everyone makes it public if they have to draw to stop someone and it's not called into the police dep, I know a lot of people will call it in but some just don't for some reason or another.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 06-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
Think about how full that map really would be if every single person actually reported when they had to draw there weapon. I was just thinking not everyone makes it public if they have to draw to stop someone and it's not called into the police dep, I know a lot of people will call it in but some just don't for some reason or another.
In todays world, many people are probably scared they will be charged with a crime, simply for defending themselves. I cant blame them.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2115 Times on 1453 Posts
Likes Given: 792

Why would a law abiding citizen report that the goblin ran away? Who wants to be grilled like a criminal for simply defending themselves. Even if they are not worried about the police the goblin is gone, game over.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine