Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Carjackers Target Driver with CC — Want to Guess How This Heist Concludes? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/carjackers-target-driver-cc-want-guess-how-heist-concludes-97111/)

Bigcountry02 09-15-2013 08:22 PM

Carjackers Target Driver with CC — Want to Guess How This Heist Concludes?
 
Read the article and watch the embedded videos.

Carjackers Target Driver with Concealed-Carry License — Want to Guess How This Heist Concludes?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/14/carjackers-target-driver-with-concealed-carry-license-want-to-guess-how-this-heist-concludes/

All the guy wanted to do was return his Redbox movie.

So he headed to a McDonald’s parking lot to drop off the DVD at a kiosk outside the fast-food restaurant…when two men armed with guns approached him and demanded his car keys and cell phone, according to Houston police.

The would-be thieves, however, had no idea their would-be carjacking victim had a concealed handgun license.

And as TheBlaze previously reported, the 29-year-old was carrying. KHOU-TV reports the man was forced out of his vehicle and pushed down.

Now we know about Melvin Auston and Elijah Mims, the alleged robbers the man shot as they tried to get in his car and drive away, reports KBTX-TV.

Auston, 26, died at the scene. Mims, 32, was injured but got away on foot. A third suspect reportedly picked up Mims and drove him 100 miles to a hospital, KBTX says, where he was treated for a gunshot wound and eventually arrested.

Mims has been charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. He and Auston boast extensive criminal histories, including violent offenses, KBTX reports.

A grand jury, KBTX says, will decide if the shooter will face charges.

mountainman13 09-15-2013 09:14 PM

A grand jury will decide if the victim will face charges for defending himself against armed carjackers with extensive criminal histories.
This country is going to ****.

rjd3282 09-15-2013 09:21 PM

Ya know if obama had a son he'd look just like those guys.

sbeezy 09-15-2013 10:33 PM

Wait for it.... He was probably turning his life around.

mountainman13 09-15-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbeezy (Post 1373205)
Wait for it.... He was probably turning his life around.

That or....... it was gang related. Lol

alsaqr 09-15-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

A grand jury will decide if the victim will face charges for defending himself against armed carjackers with extensive criminal histories.
This country is going to ****.
It has nothing to do with this country. All homicide cases in Texas must go to the grand jury: That's Texas law. The grand jury will no bill the shooter in this case.

Here in OK the law is different. The OK prosecutor can decline to prosecute the righteous shooting, call it a self defense shoot and that's the end of the story.

indy36 09-15-2013 11:37 PM

Question...if you are forced out of your car by armed men and they get in your car and put the guns down to drive away and at that moment you draw and fire through the glass window and kill them both before they drive away...would you be found guilty of wrongful death? At that point they didn't have guns on you. Would they try to say you were the aggressor and not in mortal danger? Would they try to put a murder rap on you? I could see that happening.

mountainman13 09-16-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy36 (Post 1373237)
Question...if you are forced out of your car by armed men and they get in your car and put the guns down to drive away and at that moment you draw and fire through the glass window and kill them both before they drive away...would you be found guilty of wrongful death? At that point they didn't have guns on you. Would they try to say you were the aggressor and not in mortal danger? Would they try to put a murder rap on you? I could see that happening.

Yes. Absolutely.
Would you have just made the world a better place by splattering them all over your windshield? Yep

alsaqr 09-16-2013 02:18 AM

Both those perps remained armed with guns. No one knows what their intentions were. One or both may have shot the car owner as they drove off. IMO: Any perp who attacks you, takes your car and is still armed with a gun is fair game. He may intend to run over your butt. i knew of a deputy sheriff who was killed while chasing a scumbag who he knew was armed with a gun. The guy simply turned around and killed the deputy.

Dollars to donuts: The Texas grand jury will not indict this shooter.

Any perp who attacks me, takes my wheels and is armed with a gun is going to get shot: i'll take my chances with the OK prosecutor.

1911love 09-19-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 1373368)
Both those perps remained armed with guns. No one knows what their intentions were. One or both may have shot the car owner as they drove off. IMO: Any perp who attacks you, takes your car and is still armed with a gun is fair game. He may intend to run over your butt. i knew of a deputy sheriff who was killed while chasing a scumbag who he knew was armed with a gun. The guy simply turned around and killed the deputy.

Dollars to donuts: The Texas grand jury will not indict this shooter.

Any perp who attacks me, takes my wheels and is armed with a gun is going to get shot: i'll take my chances with the OK prosecutor.

I agree. I don't want to be run over like an armadillo or shot when they drive off to eliminate witnesses. If you are committing an armed felony, you are a mortal danger until you are horizontal or in custody.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.