bystander stops stabbing - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > bystander stops stabbing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6011 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb8568 View Post

So in all honesty, all that saves my ass from the slammer and a possible dead woman/mother is what the DA thinks about the situation "after the fact"? I searched and could find no law or example of what I'm asking to give me the answer, so that's why I was curiously asking this here. Thanks.
similar circumstance, yes.

that is why use of force training is CRITICAL. a good shoot is a good shoot. its that oh so short span of time you have to determine what the situation is and determine if its a good shoot or not. the liberal democratic pro-crime DA's have months and months and months to second guess and monday morning QB your actions in order to determine what outcome he needs to get the most votes in the next election. you have prolly less than a second or two to make the same decision...

One other thing. You have no more duty to save anyone than the police do. Police have absolutely zero duty to save or rescue anyone. The reason they do so is that the types of people who are inclined to save folks tend to find work as police fire emt etc.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 09-03-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

^^^^ Thank you....

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown

Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I understand well the way so many people, including LEO's, feel about stopping to help. One day I was driving in the east end of Indianapolis, and saw 2 cars stopped beside the curb of a busy street near a shopping mall. There was a woman flat on her back on the ground and some low-life jerk punching and kicking her. I stopped and got out of my car, and as I was running up to them, he turned and yelled, "She's my wi---". Before he finished the word "wife" I cold-cocked him and laid him out. Then a lady who was a friend of the "wife" helped her get into her car and left to take the battered lady to a hospital. The man's friend got him into a car and they left. There was a big crowd, probably over a hundred people standing and watching the whole thing, and nobody made any effort to help her. Soon a couple of county mounties showed up. When they questioned me about it and I told them what happened, they proceeded to laugh it up and ridicule me for being so stupid as to get involved. They said I could have been shot, etc, etc. So I was duly punished for doing what I thought was my duty. If I came upon the same situation today I'd still do the same thing, but expect to be appropriately punished for doing it.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

WOW....our society continues to spiral downward while each new generation fuels it. Can't understand the morals and ethics (or lack) of humans these days.

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown

Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #15

Liked 252 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 321

I commend you sir.
I have a big problem with wife beaters
it is indeed a sad state of affairs when people will stand idly by and allow crap like this to happen.

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA

Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #16

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith
I commend you sir.
I have a big problem with wife beaters
it is indeed a sad state of affairs when people will stand idly by and allow crap like this to happen.
What is really sad is last year i was walking through my highschool after class and saw some guy smacking his "gf" for an unknown reason.

I asked him to leave the lady alone, he then decided he was going to slap around this freshy who dared to talk to a senior.

I hit him once in the solar plexus and he crumpled. I absolutely hate that this problem has spread to our schools. If i ever see it again i might do more than i did.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #17

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
I understand well the way so many people, including LEO's, feel about stopping to help. One day I was driving in the east end of Indianapolis, and saw 2 cars stopped beside the curb of a busy street near a shopping mall. There was a woman flat on her back on the ground and some low-life jerk punching and kicking her. I stopped and got out of my car, and as I was running up to them, he turned and yelled, "She's my wi---". Before he finished the word "wife" I cold-cocked him and laid him out. Then a lady who was a friend of the "wife" helped her get into her car and left to take the battered lady to a hospital. The man's friend got him into a car and they left. There was a big crowd, probably over a hundred people standing and watching the whole thing, and nobody made any effort to help her. Soon a couple of county mounties showed up. When they questioned me about it and I told them what happened, they proceeded to laugh it up and ridicule me for being so stupid as to get involved. They said I could have been shot, etc, etc. So I was duly punished for doing what I thought was my duty. If I came upon the same situation today I'd still do the same thing, but expect to be appropriately punished for doing it.
Thank you btw.

i appreciate that you had the balls to step up and stop it.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2740 Times on 1332 Posts
Likes Given: 1392

Giving credit where credit is due! This was TEXAS! God Bless Texas. If the S ever hits the fan and I need to leave the mountains! I will be on my way to Texas! Where citizens are not afraid to stand up to anyone including the present Government.
I also seen where Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been cleared of most all of the charges to this point. "That is Great!" And American with some ba--s! Kind of a rarity these days!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy