bystander stops stabbing

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > bystander stops stabbing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Default bystander stops stabbing

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Armed-bystander-stops-stabbing-outside-school/6zTYMpy8pUOeyrbElEBOTQ.cspx?rss=1724

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #2

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Is that from the local TV station? If so, I am happy to see televised media covering this, we need more TV coverage of the positive things CCW holder do. Imagine the amount assaults that might be stopped in a state like IL if we were allowed the right to defend and protect ourselves.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Kudos to the armed bystander. Hey, slime-ball media! Did you report that nationwide like you do other firearm stories bent toward gun-control agenda?
Also like to point out how QUICKLY rage can disappear when a gun is pointed at you. Gave up like a lil' fag. Again, kudos to the bystander.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I just hope the CCW holder doesn't get busted for having a gun on school property.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 75 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 113

They have been showing that story on all the news channels here since it happened. I still haven't heard anything about the CHL holder getting in any kind of trouble.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #6

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I read the article and then watched the video, sad to say on the video they gave all the credit to stopping the attack to the school and not the CHL holder that actually pulled his weapon on the soon to be ex husband.

The article did give him credit but what was on the video was very one sided and never mentioned the CHL holder at all.

The end result was the same a BG going to jail and a woman who lived thru a tragic ordeal thanks to a legal gun owner.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Excuse my stupidity as I continue to learn the laws and legality of firearm possession....but take this exact same scenario but remove the "CCW" part of it. It is legal to carry a firearm (out of open sight) in your vehicle without a license. Would an armed citizen who got out of their vehicle to help in this situation just like it unfolded, be in major trouble, or would he be protected as in a good samaritan deed?

I don't have my CCL yet, but I couldn't just stand by and watch that happen if it were me either. Would my hickory stick be a better choice or should I be safe enough to act as this gentleman did? Thanks in advance for any replies....and thanks again for allowing me a part of this awesome forum.

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown

Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #8

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

In TX you can transport your gun in a car without a CCL. It needs to be out of reach and preferably in locked case or in a case with a gun lock.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb8568 View Post
Excuse my stupidity as I continue to learn the laws and legality of firearm possession....but take this exact same scenario but remove the "CCW" part of it. It is legal to carry a firearm (out of open sight) in your vehicle without a license. Would an armed citizen who got out of their vehicle to help in this situation just like it unfolded, be in major trouble, or would he be protected as in a good samaritan deed?

I don't have my CCL yet, but I couldn't just stand by and watch that happen if it were me either. Would my hickory stick be a better choice or should I be safe enough to act as this gentleman did? Thanks in advance for any replies....and thanks again for allowing me a part of this awesome forum.
it depends on the da. move the same incident to madison wisconsin or washington dc or new york city and the ccw person would be sitting in prison for trying to stop a murder and kidnapping on school grounds with a gun...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswann1 View Post
In TX you can transport your gun in a car without a CCL. It needs to be out of reach and preferably in locked case or in a case with a gun lock.
Yes, I am aware that you can carry in your vehicle (not in open view) without having a CCL and tried to mention that in the original post but guess it was not very clear. I was asking if you take the exact same scenario but added me (unlicensed) instead of him (licensed) in the equation......would I be in "deep trouble" for doing what he did as an armed citizen? Just trying to help, but lacking a piece of paper. As stated, if I came across that situation there is no way that I could just sit by without doing anything. However, the issue/question would be if I should pull out my stick or pistol to keep myself in the least amount of legal trouble possible? A nice beating with a stick could be deadly just as a firearm is, but sticks aren't in the news these days. Was just curious. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
it depends on the da....
So in all honesty, all that saves my ass from the slammer and a possible dead woman/mother is what the DA thinks about the situation "after the fact"? I searched and could find no law or example of what I'm asking to give me the answer, so that's why I was curiously asking this here. Thanks.

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown