Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   bystander stops stabbing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/bystander-stops-stabbing-71432/)

jjfuller1 08-30-2012 01:08 PM

bystander stops stabbing

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Armed-bystander-stops-stabbing-outside-school/6zTYMpy8pUOeyrbElEBOTQ.cspx?rss=1724

JD1969 08-30-2012 01:18 PM

Is that from the local TV station? If so, I am happy to see televised media covering this, we need more TV coverage of the positive things CCW holder do. Imagine the amount assaults that might be stopped in a state like IL if we were allowed the right to defend and protect ourselves.

PanBaccha 08-30-2012 03:39 PM

Kudos to the armed bystander. Hey, slime-ball media! Did you report that nationwide like you do other firearm stories bent toward gun-control agenda?
Also like to point out how QUICKLY rage can disappear when a gun is pointed at you. Gave up like a lil' fag. Again, kudos to the bystander.

AIKIJUTSU 08-30-2012 06:26 PM

I just hope the CCW holder doesn't get busted for having a gun on school property.

GonzoLonzo 08-30-2012 06:44 PM

They have been showing that story on all the news channels here since it happened. I still haven't heard anything about the CHL holder getting in any kind of trouble.

levelcross 09-01-2012 09:17 PM

I read the article and then watched the video, sad to say on the video they gave all the credit to stopping the attack to the school and not the CHL holder that actually pulled his weapon on the soon to be ex husband.

The article did give him credit but what was on the video was very one sided and never mentioned the CHL holder at all.

The end result was the same a BG going to jail and a woman who lived thru a tragic ordeal thanks to a legal gun owner. :cool:

gwb8568 09-02-2012 07:56 PM

Excuse my stupidity as I continue to learn the laws and legality of firearm possession....but take this exact same scenario but remove the "CCW" part of it. It is legal to carry a firearm (out of open sight) in your vehicle without a license. Would an armed citizen who got out of their vehicle to help in this situation just like it unfolded, be in major trouble, or would he be protected as in a good samaritan deed?

I don't have my CCL yet, but I couldn't just stand by and watch that happen if it were me either. Would my hickory stick be a better choice or should I be safe enough to act as this gentleman did? Thanks in advance for any replies....and thanks again for allowing me a part of this awesome forum.

cswann1 09-02-2012 08:28 PM

In TX you can transport your gun in a car without a CCL. It needs to be out of reach and preferably in locked case or in a case with a gun lock.

JonM 09-02-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwb8568 (Post 925490)
Excuse my stupidity as I continue to learn the laws and legality of firearm possession....but take this exact same scenario but remove the "CCW" part of it. It is legal to carry a firearm (out of open sight) in your vehicle without a license. Would an armed citizen who got out of their vehicle to help in this situation just like it unfolded, be in major trouble, or would he be protected as in a good samaritan deed?

I don't have my CCL yet, but I couldn't just stand by and watch that happen if it were me either. Would my hickory stick be a better choice or should I be safe enough to act as this gentleman did? Thanks in advance for any replies....and thanks again for allowing me a part of this awesome forum.

it depends on the da. move the same incident to madison wisconsin or washington dc or new york city and the ccw person would be sitting in prison for trying to stop a murder and kidnapping on school grounds with a gun...

gwb8568 09-02-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 (Post 925532)
In TX you can transport your gun in a car without a CCL. It needs to be out of reach and preferably in locked case or in a case with a gun lock.

Yes, I am aware that you can carry in your vehicle (not in open view) without having a CCL and tried to mention that in the original post but guess it was not very clear. I was asking if you take the exact same scenario but added me (unlicensed) instead of him (licensed) in the equation......would I be in "deep trouble" for doing what he did as an armed citizen? Just trying to help, but lacking a piece of paper. As stated, if I came across that situation there is no way that I could just sit by without doing anything. However, the issue/question would be if I should pull out my stick or pistol to keep myself in the least amount of legal trouble possible? A nice beating with a stick could be deadly just as a firearm is, but sticks aren't in the news these days. Was just curious. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 925566)
it depends on the da....

So in all honesty, all that saves my ass from the slammer and a possible dead woman/mother is what the DA thinks about the situation "after the fact"? I searched and could find no law or example of what I'm asking to give me the answer, so that's why I was curiously asking this here. Thanks.