A bank the welcomes concealed carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > A bank the welcomes concealed carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default It IS rare, but it does happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
I've never seen a gun buster sign on a bank in Texas.

I'm pretty sure banks WANT CHL customers.
Here is a story about a bank in Chappell Hills, Texas that changed its policy to allow legal concealed carry.

http://personalliberty.com/2012/09/05/banking-while-packing/?eiid=

Bank President Ed Smith said. “And, if you try something nefarious in the bank, you might wind up in a horizontal position. Come in here, and you might leave feet first.”

Regards, Larry
"Common sense is not so common." Voltaire
"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword; the other is by debt." John Adams

Old 11-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I have yet to see a gun buster sign on a bank.
First Union Banks in NE Florida before Wells Fargo took them over. I couldn't believe it and asked the manager about it. He gave me the old 'our insurance made us do it' line.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #13

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I have yet to see a gun buster sign on a bank.
Unfortunately, I noticed one on my bank the other day. I asked the teller how long their "no weapons" sticker had been by the door and she said every since she had been there. Then she said "It only makes sense." I said "What only makes sense?" She said "To not bring a gun in a bank." I stood there looking a lot like this... I came home and wrote a letter to the bank president who I have not heard from.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The bank I use in Anderson, SC, BB&T, has a sign on the door that is a picture of a revolver with a red circle around it and a diagonal red line thru it. Which is a "no guns" sign, but state law requires a bigger sign and words in big letters stating that guns are not allowed. I don't carry into the bank, to avoid becoming unwelcome there. I'd hate to be arrested for disorderly conduct by starting a hystercal reaction. Plus, I thought there was some federal law prohibiting guns in banks insured by the FDIC???

i

Old 11-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #15

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 29

My bank is "posted". That is the main reason i don't carry daily. My 2 daily stops include the post office (no guns) and the bank (no guns). I feel it less safe and a pain in the butt to remove my weapon, hide it in the truck and lock it up for my 45 second trip into the PO then later for a 5 min stop at the bank. I find it very stupid that a bank of all places would post that.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 11-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I had an incident when I lived in Indianapolis that was pretty funny. I had a proper permit (called a "license" in Indiana) and kept a gun in my glove box. I went to my bank to deposit my paycheck, and when I went into the bank, I got my gun out of the glove box and put it in my pocket. Apparently, some idiot saw me do it, and ran to the pay phone by the door of the bank. I went on in, deposited my check, and when I turned around to leave, there were 6 cops standing there with shotguns pointed toward the tellers' cages. I figured out what was happening, so i just held my bank receipt in my hand, walked right between the cops and went outside. The turkey was still on the phone, and I could hear him say, "He's coming out now". I just got into my vehicle and drove away. Nobody chased me, and I heard no more about it. I had thought about telling the cops what was up, or telling the "alert citizen", but I am now glad I didn't because I'd probably been arrested. I expect he's spent the last 20 years patting himself on the ass for being a hero and preventing an imaginary robbery.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 11-04-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #17

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

Funny to see this show up as we had a nearly identical occurence in a small town near Saint Louis. Robber walked in, got what he thought he wanted, then was held at gun point until police arrived to arrest him. Bank president was a licensed carrier who wasn't going to lie down...

Old 11-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator View Post
Funny to see this show up as we had a nearly identical occurence in a small town near Saint Louis. Robber walked in, got what he thought he wanted, then was held at gun point until police arrived to arrest him. Bank president was a licensed carrier who wasn't going to lie down...
I wonder if the bank president allowed his employees to carry???

Old 11-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #19
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Gun shops!!!

Getting away from banks for a minute, here in Las Vegas, NV, every gun store that I have been in prohibits the carrying of concealed weapons except one. New Frontier Armory. The sign posted there on their front door was a welcome sight.
concealed-carry-decal.jpg  

Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I worked at a gun store in the mid-nineties, and the reason for the requirement for customers to not carry loaded guns in the store was because gun stores tend to attract some people who don't have the good sense to be careful with guns. They'll do stupid stuff like fast-draw routines, wave the guns around indiscriminately, sweeping the other customers and the employees, dry-fire their guns, sometimes resulting in negligent discharges. Granted, most of the customers were reasonable people, but there was always the small percentage of people who shouldn't have been there in the first place. So for the sake of safety the owner decided to have the customers leave their guns outside or to have them unloaded with the action open when they came into the shop.