Attack Victim Had a Hand on His Gun, But He Didn't Shoot - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Attack Victim Had a Hand on His Gun, But He Didn't Shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimberFan View Post
Ok, here's one I'd like your thoughts on... I recently finished a 34 State Firearm concealed license course a week ago and one of the things mentioned that kinda stalled everyone in attendance out was the instructor said, in most cases where a firearm was used as a defense measure, it would ensure a civil suit being filed by the family of the perpetrator if they were killed. That one subject was talked about more than anything at this training.
That can't happen in GA. We have a law that states if you use your firearm in a defensive act where your life was threatened, you are immune to criminal and civil lawsuits. It's part of the "stand your ground" law.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
I'm in total agreement to a point, have you ever starred down the barrel of a pistol? It's almost hypnotising... At the same time I would always vote to have a concealed weapon and lots of training vs none.
For thew record, I have stared down the muzzle of a barrel. I have also been the victim of racial attacks, twice. I also know what it is like to be weaponless and be walked upon with a 15" dagger in the middle of the street.

This is why training is important. Not because someone presents a firearm to inflict lethal force that he/she will hit the intended target. I know from experience that its not always the first person to present and execute a shoot to be the winner. I have seen people miss at close range. This is why as long as I feel I will be killed I will go down trying to stop the aggressor from doing so again. Unless my motor skills cannot work i will try. Let my lawyers deal with the issues after the fact. My priority is to protect myself and my family. At 3:00am I am walking on the street and feel threatened i will draw and walk like Rambo if i have to, until the coast is clear. If later I am warned by Police its all fine with me.....at least i am alive to be warned. This is my mindset as a firearm holder and survivor.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #33

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I won't Monday morning quarterback Mohammed, but he had every right to respond with deadly force in that situation. I bet he didn't know it was a Pellet gun until AFTER he was shot. Some are replicas of real guns and you can't tell unless you can look very closely. Regardless, even if he knew it was a pellet gun he would still be justified to respond with deadly force.

Last edited by JeeperSC; 01-14-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #34
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6135 Times on 3039 Posts
Likes Given: 6514

He did what he had to to "Live to fight another day".

His call was one that wont make the anti gun crowd happy, I can hear them now "He didnt shoot because he was too injured.". No, actually he was concerned about his life and the armed threat was no longer a threat to him, losing blood was. My guess is, if the armed threat had returned, he would have defended himself, thats why he carried, not just to unbalance his hip!

Now to return to the threat that caused this, the nutcase with the Airgun! If that POS doesnt spend the next 40 years in prison doing hard time, evil wins again! I dont care if its a BB Gun or a cannon, assaulting an innocent Human with a weapon should carry the max possible term every time. Unfortunately for us, he will likely get 6 months in a terrorist training camp (jail), some meds that stabilize him (while he takes them) and probably all kinds of social services assistance to reintroduce him back to society where he will do it again and again....

Old 01-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The news report read as follows:

The opportunities for self defense or vengeance were plenty. He could have pulled out the .45-caliber Taurus pistol right then and put a bullet in his assailant. He could have done so when Daniel Quinnell craned his gun at point-blank range and squeezed the trigger for the first of 20 times. Or even before the attack, when deputies say Quinnell approached Mohammed and his girlfriend from behind, yelling racial epithets. Any of those instances would have been defensible in court.

If the perp had time to pull the trigger 20 times, that is a pretty long attack! The victim used a lot more restraint than I could. Did you guys see the "impact" when that first pellet hit the victim's head? That was a vicious attack. The perp is a nut job.

JMO

LL

Old 01-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #36
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6135 Times on 3039 Posts
Likes Given: 6514

I probably wouldn't execute the POS but he wouldn't be a free man again until he's very old, if then...