Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary

Good day,

I'm new to your board so I hope you don't mind me introducing myself to you in this way.

My partner and I are Emmy award winning producers from Northern California. Two years ago we started working on a film about street gangs invading rural California. Due to my repeated contact with gang members, it was recommend that I obtain a CCW permit - which I did. The process led to me learn about the backward gun laws of California compared to the rest of the Union. Through research I discovered that there has never been a positive documentary about the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership in America.

Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire will be such a film. Supported by the CalGuns Foundation and Second Amendment Foundation, this PTV/PBS documentary will look at how California is the front line in gun control battle. The film will look at the current assault weapon ban proposals in California and Washington, DC, as well as, CCW permitting across the USA.

Here are a few links to learn more about the film:

http://kck.st/OllEYn (Our Kickstarter funding campaign where you can see the trailer)

http://www.AssaultedFilm.com (The project website)

http://www.examiner.com/article/docu...rms-under-fire (An article from the Examiner)

Thanks for reading.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #2

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Thank you for viewing our rights thru average Joe eyes!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Welcome! Stop over to the Intro section to tell us a bit about yourself.

Thanks for posting. we'll check it out.

EDIT: OK, I watched the trailer and what you have is good so far. If you want to get contributions from folks here, that's fine, but we need to get to know you. Start posting. Get into discussions.

Last edited by bkt; 09-11-2012 at 10:59 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

^^ I will.

To help introduce myself, here is GOA Radio interview of me today (It's starts towards the end of broadcast) http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=193658879

Thanks

Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Are you on the Calguns forum?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #6

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

i really liked the explanation for your motives on creating this "documentary" and the trailer looked really good, BUUUUTTTT..............are you just trollin for donations only??? or will you be a FTF forum contributor and stick with us for the long haul???

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Are you on the Calguns forum?
Yes - "Interstellar" is my handle.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
i really liked the explanation for your motives on creating this "documentary" and the trailer looked really good, BUUUUTTTT..............are you just trollin for donations only??? or will you be a FTF forum contributor and stick with us for the long haul???
To be honest, right now my focus is getting the production off the ground and film made. That said, I love guns and I will contribute to the forum when I can.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

For your listening pleasure - Gun Owners of America Radio interview (edited to just the interview) https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhXNWNnQ3Q1aWIwZXNUQw

Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #10
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1448 Times on 883 Posts
Likes Given: 1900

Just curious, will you be involving John Lott in your film? He wrote the book "More Guns, Less Crime". He's a top-shelf analyst who uses the complete FBI database over a several year period covering most states to evaluate the relationship between gun ownership and crime deterrence.

By the way, just watched the trailer. Awesome. I donated. I think it's worth it.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by Balota; 09-13-2012 at 02:15 AM.