Armed robber pronounced dead at the scene - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Armed robber pronounced dead at the scene

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2141 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 3246

Quote:
McLaughlin's motive remains unclear. Sheriff Huffman does not think it was a robbery. He says words were exchanged between McLaughlin and the people inside the store but there was never any mention of a robbery or hold up or money.
Who cares about motive? The perp was forcing folks into another room. He was up to no good.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:11 AM   #12

Liked 1861 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 1233

If someone tries to force me or anyone else into a room in the back, I guarantee you they are not going to make it there.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2141 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 3246

Did some googling: Perhaps the sheriff was sparse with his remarks because the good guy is facing serious charges and is out on bond pending trial:

Yep, the perp waved a gun around and forced folks into another room. When a guy with a gun forces folks into another room it's time for action. The good guy shot the perp; end of story? Not quite: The good guy has some issues:

Quote:
Jackson confirmed that Marlo Ellis, the customer who used deadly force, is facing charges of rape in the second degree and enticing a child for immoral purposes, stemming from a 2013 investigation involving a girl under the age of 16. Court documents state that Ellis picked the victim up at a school basketball game and drove her to his house where they had sex. The district attorney said Ellis' sex case is on the trial docket for February. He has been out of jail on bond.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/24474261/dallas-co-authorities-on-scene-of-homicide-in-orrville

Old 01-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #14
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Would most people not expect the police to do their job in a neutral and professional way until they know the facts. ? And not be praising anyone until the full facts are known.
Neutral is fine for a referee, unless someones description was way off, Neutral isnt all that useful here. Wave a pistol like a madman in public and eat lead...

Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 427 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Quote:
Wave a pistol like a madman in public and eat lead
I thought the sheriff's job would be to investigate what happened impartiality. And not be a cheerleader for either side. Would you want it any other way, I know I wouldn't.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #16

Liked 4822 Times on 2337 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I thought the sheriff's job would be to investigate what happened impartiality. And not be a cheerleader for either side. Would you want it any other way, I know I wouldn't.
We have seen cases of "hero accomplises"... People who plan a crime like this with the intent of killing their cohort in a way that makes them look like an intended victim/hero shooter.

Not saying that happened here but it is wise of the Sherrif to ensure that the shooter acted lawfully and had no connection to the perp.

Tack
Old 01-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #17

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Bang bang, another one bites the dust!
Although the shooter appears to be a scumbag for pending rape charges of a minor.....
That should not have anything to do with the fact that he was in an impending deadly situation and acted accordingly by dropping the BG without any innocents being harmed.