AR-15 Proves Handy in NC - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > AR-15 Proves Handy in NC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2024 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Gun shot wounds (GSWs) in the GI tract (gut shots) tend to not be debilitating immediately. These types of wounds, when fatal, are usually a result of hypovolemic shock (blood loss) which can take sometimes up to 20-30 minutes to have an affect. This is why LEOs are taught to aim for the chest. GSWs to the chest have a much higher chance of quicker traumatic response, ending the encounter faster and more safely for the victim.

This surprised me a bit, too. Semiautomatic actions combined with being fired upon usually equates to more than one round being fired. Most training courses will teach a double- or triple-tap even with a rifle, making this more strange. Not everyone dumps the magazine, but multiple rounds to guarantee stopping of aggression would have been the norm. Of course, they didn't mention if the homeowner had any formal training or not.
I know, I have witnessed many of them. One thing you never forger is the sound of a sucking chest wound. It don't matter if it caused by a gun shot or a knife wound. That is why I teach 'upper chest'. Gut shot is what you use if you want the person to die slow and painful, but he may take you with him if he is determined!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 659 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 408

Quote:
Gun shot wounds (GSWs) in the GI tract (gut shots) tend to not be debilitating immediately. These types of wounds, when fatal, are usually a result of hypovolemic shock (blood loss) which can take sometimes up to 20-30 minutes to have an affect. This is why LEOs are taught to aim for the chest. GSWs to the chest have a much higher chance of quicker traumatic response, ending the encounter faster and more safely for the victim.

This surprised me a bit, too. Semiautomatic actions combined with being fired upon usually equates to more than one round being fired. Most training courses will teach a double- or triple-tap even with a rifle, making this more strange. Not everyone dumps the magazine, but multiple rounds to guarantee stopping of aggression would have been the norm. Of course, they didn't mention if the homeowner had any formal training or not.

Also if you shoot somebody with a 5.56 Rd several places in any part of the body it will really mess a person up. The 5.7X28 is the smaller version and it is a surgeons nightmare if it don't kill you first.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:28 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2034 Times on 1395 Posts
Likes Given: 772

Quote:
I really doubt the guy had any formal training. The average income in Vance county is under $20k a year. You are talking about one of the most poverty stricken areas in the state. He probably got the rifle on one of those six months of payments with no interest deals.

If he was a veteran he would have used his GI bill benefits to get the hell out of Vance county. He is likely the only Caucasian in the neighborhood.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 05-15-2014 at 02:33 AM.
nchunt101 Likes This 
Old 05-15-2014, 03:31 AM   #14

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I really doubt the guy had any formal training. The average income in Vance county is under $20k a year. You are talking about one of the most poverty stricken areas in the state. He probably got the rifle on one of those six months of payments with no interest deals.

If he was a veteran he would have used his GI bill benefits to get the hell out of Vance county. He is likely the only Caucasian in the neighborhood.
Spoken for the truth though there are a few good areas. Middleburg, and Townsville and Cokesbury are decent enough. Was in Henderson tonight and felt like I was in southside Chicago.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:45 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2680 Times on 1304 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

Moral of the story! Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle! Never only one round! A minimum of two and possibly three on an incident! That is my advice!
Two center mass and one to the head if necessary! The dirtbag had a gun and fired so he is payed for.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 05-15-2014 at 03:47 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This