Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Anti-Gun senator shoots intruder

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1660 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 529

Default Anti-Gun senator shoots intruder

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties. The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to
discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation." The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do," anti-gun Activist-Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.
Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation,
are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine. But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Of course it's "Do as I say do, not as I do", that's the only way progressives think.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 04-05-2013 at 02:47 PM.
DLeeHarley Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 451 Times on 305 Posts

Wonder why he use the gun instead of a stapler or scissors . confused lol

Old 04-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 142

The sad thing is, these stories don't even surprise me anymore.

Joe

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Suggested gun control movement talking point: "We're OK with guns to keep our families safe, we just don't want you to have them." - Joe

Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #5

Liked 136 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 41

The saddest thing of all is he willl be voted in again and again and again

Old 04-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6643 Times on 4020 Posts
Likes Given: 7905

I can't say here what I'm thinking.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #7

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I hope he used a double barrel shotgun...

Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #8

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Exactly Winds, me too. Incredibly frustrating and makes me angry.

He better pull a 360 and praise his firearm....let's start there.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #9

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Thats typical. They don't want you to have the ability to defend yourselves, but they will have the ability.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 04-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8314 Times on 3594 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

Folks I am going to close this thread. This took place several years ago, he was indicted and plead guilty, and he no longer holds office. As a convicted felon, he is prohibited from possessing any firearm.

However, I found the entry in Wikipedia of mild interest:

1980s criminal investigationsSoles was indicted in 1983 for conspiracy, vote buying, perjury, and aiding and abetting bribery. A judge dismissed three of the charges and Soles was acquited of aiding and abetting Columbus County Commissioner Edward Walton Williamson in obtaining payoffs from undercover FBI agents.[2]

[edit] Assault convictionOn December 30, 2009, Soles (at the time, the longest-serving legislator in the state) announced he would not seek re-election in 2010. This came after an August, 2009 incident in which he shot a young man and former legal client in the leg who was allegedly trying to kick in Soles' front door. In another incident, Soles pepper sprayed a young man. Soles' lawyer, Joseph Cheshire, said the shooting was self-defense. Cheshire and Soles have said that Soles has been generous to former clients in hoping to ease them back to a law-abiding life. Soles has denied having sexual relations with any of the young men.[3] Soles was indicted on charges of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury on 7 January 2010.[4] Soles pleaded guilty in 2010 to assault with a deadly weapon and was fined $1,000.[5]

[edit] Sexual abuse allegationsIn 2009 allegations from several men were published claiming that Soles sexually abused them when they were minors.[6]

The allegations resurfaced in June 2011, with three men having publicly accused Soles of sexual abuse.[7]

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Closed Thread