Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Anti-Gun senator shoots intruder (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/anti-gun-senator-shoots-intruder-88234/)

JTJ 04-05-2013 02:33 PM

Anti-Gun senator shoots intruder

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties. The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to
discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation." The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do," anti-gun Activist-Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.
Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation,
are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine. But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

DFlynt 04-05-2013 02:45 PM

Of course it's "Do as I say do, not as I do", that's the only way progressives think.

Ez2b 04-05-2013 03:05 PM

Wonder why he use the gun instead of a stapler or scissors . confused lol

jp_over 04-05-2013 03:13 PM

The sad thing is, these stories don't even surprise me anymore.

davva360 04-05-2013 03:24 PM

The saddest thing of all is he willl be voted in again and again and again

winds-of-change 04-05-2013 03:28 PM

I can't say here what I'm thinking. :mad:

ShagNasty1001 04-05-2013 03:36 PM

I hope he used a double barrel shotgun...

StainlessSteel215 04-05-2013 03:36 PM

Exactly Winds, me too. Incredibly frustrating and makes me angry.

He better pull a 360 and praise his firearm....let's start there.

rhyno13 04-05-2013 03:54 PM

Thats typical. They don't want you to have the ability to defend yourselves, but they will have the ability.

c3shooter 04-05-2013 04:00 PM

Folks I am going to close this thread. This took place several years ago, he was indicted and plead guilty, and he no longer holds office. As a convicted felon, he is prohibited from possessing any firearm.

However, I found the entry in Wikipedia of mild interest:

1980s criminal investigationsSoles was indicted in 1983 for conspiracy, vote buying, perjury, and aiding and abetting bribery. A judge dismissed three of the charges and Soles was acquited of aiding and abetting Columbus County Commissioner Edward Walton Williamson in obtaining payoffs from undercover FBI agents.[2]

[edit] Assault convictionOn December 30, 2009, Soles (at the time, the longest-serving legislator in the state) announced he would not seek re-election in 2010. This came after an August, 2009 incident in which he shot a young man and former legal client in the leg who was allegedly trying to kick in Soles' front door. In another incident, Soles pepper sprayed a young man. Soles' lawyer, Joseph Cheshire, said the shooting was self-defense. Cheshire and Soles have said that Soles has been generous to former clients in hoping to ease them back to a law-abiding life. Soles has denied having sexual relations with any of the young men.[3] Soles was indicted on charges of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury on 7 January 2010.[4] Soles pleaded guilty in 2010 to assault with a deadly weapon and was fined $1,000.[5]

[edit] Sexual abuse allegationsIn 2009 allegations from several men were published claiming that Soles sexually abused them when they were minors.[6]

The allegations resurfaced in June 2011, with three men having publicly accused Soles of sexual abuse.[7]