Another Bites The Dust

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Another Bites The Dust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default Another Bites The Dust

Well, I guess you won't be hearing much about this turnout in the news.
Another home invader bites the dust. Just wonder what ammo was used?
I would have gone with the .45 calibre.

http://wn.wsvn.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1= 7788168&at1=News&h1=Homeowner shoots home invasion suspect&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Quote:
MIRAMAR, Fla. (WSVN) -- A homeowner shot an injured one suspect after an attempted home robbery.

Miramar Police responded to an attempted home invasion and shooting at 5234 SW 149 Ave., shortly before midnight Sunday.

According to police, the homeowner heard something or someone entering his house and fired at one of the suspects. "When he opened the front door, these men who were masked, by the way, at least one of them was carrying a firearm, rushed at him, and at that point, he was in fear and started firing his gun," said Miramar Police spokesperson Tania Rues.

At least two suspects ran away, one of them was struck multiple times. Police said the homeowner had the right to fight back. "He was basically in fear for his life," said Rues.

Police believe the masked men may have jumped over the fence to get inside the gated community.

Neighbors were surprised by news of the shooting. "I've lived here probably since 2005, and we've never had any issues like this," said Ana Rodriguez. "I've never seen something like this happen, no burglaries that I know of or anything big like this."

The suspect, who was shot was transported to a nearby hospital, is in serious but stable condition.

Gloria Castano, who lives nearby said, "I'm scared because I used to leave my door open sometimes, and now I feel like I can't leave the doors open."

Police believe there are several suspects who remain at large. If you have any information on this attempted home invasion, call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

Are you kidding?

Why would the liberal media broadcast an update unless the homeowner was under arrest?

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #3

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

No BG as victim here.....no story for the news to stir anti-gun nuts up over.

One BG in the hospital, two BG's changing shorts...will they learn anything? Probably NOT.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross
No BG as victim here.....no story for the news to stir anti-gun nuts up over.

One BG in the hospital, two BG's changing shorts...will they learn anything? Probably NOT.
They won't, I live in miramar and these fools are about as dumb as a rock. I just wish the intended victim hit them all instead of just one. Although that's the west side of miramar and most crim happens towards the eastern side.

Last edited by gladesbassin; 10-05-2012 at 06:52 PM.