Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Allen West on 2A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
When I go all-in, people around me run for cover. That doesn't happen often.
I'll say, I don't even believe you have gone all-in on BACON for Christ's sweet sake.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I'll say, I don't even believe you have gone all-in on BACON for Christ's sweet sake.
I wrap pork loins in bacon (that's seriously delicious if you've never done it. Apply your favorite dry rub to a pork loin, wrap it up in bacon w/ toothpicks, sprinkle fresh ground pepper like it's going out of style and drizzle balsamic vinegar on it all. Cover in foil and bake for an hour. Uncover and broil for just a few minutes to crisp the bacon.). We buy bacon by the metric ton. Every opportunity to get bacon is exploited. Believe me, I'm all-in on bacon.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I wrap pork loins in bacon (that's seriously delicious if you've never done it. Apply your favorite dry rub to a pork loin, wrap it up in bacon w/ toothpicks, sprinkle fresh ground pepper like it's going out of style and drizzle balsamic vinegar on it all. Cover in foil and bake for an hour. Uncover and broil for just a few minutes to crisp the bacon.). We buy bacon by the metric ton. Every opportunity to get bacon is exploited. Believe me, I'm all-in on bacon.
Well finally! A positive, popular and definitive opinion for you. This might be your first one.

I am TOTALLY trying that recipe now by the way.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #14
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Well finally! A positive, popular and definitive opinion for you. This might be your first one.

I am TOTALLY trying that recipe now by the way.
That's bake at 325 for an hour. Sorry to have omitted that crucial morsel of info.

WTF do you mean a "positive, popular and definitive opinion for" me?! This ain't a goddamn beauty contest. I'm here to piss people off and make them think.

(But I have a bunch more recipes. Maybe we should have a recipe forum.)
Old 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #15
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1286 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 3195

For everyone's reading pleasure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(politician)

Long story short, I would reenlist to serve in his command. This is an example of a Superior Officer and I have only given that rating to 5 other officers in my 26 years of service!

HOOAH!!

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #16

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 256

Well spoken not just a speech giver, well educated on the subject not reading a teleprompter. A politician that I am willing to listen to with interest, not listening to to find out what will be retracted faster than a crawdad's tail.

Mr. West is probably too smart to run for President (not saying I would vote for him yet) but Speaker of the House, I think that would make a nice title for him for now. Intelligent, a set of STONES, well articulated.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Good call!

Speaker or the House would be able to keep a President under some kind of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
Well spoken not just a speech giver, well educated on the subject not reading a teleprompter. A politician that I am willing to listen to with interest, not listening to to find out what will be retracted faster than a crawdad's tail.

Mr. West is probably too smart to run for President (not saying I would vote for him yet) but Speaker of the House, I think that would make a nice title for him for now. Intelligent, a set of STONES, well articulated.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 892 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Col. West has been a favorite of mine for some time. I too hope he runs for higher office some day. I wish he were running now in Romney's place.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
Col. West has been a favorite of mine for some time. I too hope he runs for higher office some day. I wish he were running now in Romney's place.
+227 trillion to that! I'm pretty sure he's someone I could cast a vote for with a clear conscience.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

He would have my vote and he would win by oh, umm, what is higher than a landslide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post

Last edited by TDS92A; 10-09-2012 at 04:06 PM.