Allen West on 2A
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Allen West on 2A

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default Allen West on 2A

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/allen-wests-powerful-gun-rights-speech-an-armed-man-is-a-citizen-a-disarmed-man-is-a-subject/#

Brilliantly, succinctly put. This man is outstanding.
__________________
bkt is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Most excellent speech. I would love to see that guy on a ballot I could vote for, he would be my pick hands down.

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
astroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Robertson County, TN
Posts: 587
Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Default

Agreed - excellent speech!

__________________

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

astroman is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Most excellent speech. I would love to see that guy on a ballot I could vote for, he would be my pick hands down.
What I've seen of him so far, I'd agree with you. He needs to be asked a lot more questions before I'd commit a vote for him, though. But just based on what he's said, he's way ahead of anyone running for office, IMO.
__________________
bkt is offline  
NitroxAZ Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NitroxAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: molonlabeforum.com
Posts: 4,899
Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
What I've seen of him so far, I'd agree with you. He needs to be asked a lot more questions before I'd commit a vote for him, though. But just based on what he's said, he's way ahead of anyone running for office, IMO.
Agreed but with his take on 2A I am fairly certain he would be in line of the Founding Fathers.

I also think that it is only a matter of time before he runs for higher office.
__________________
NitroxAZ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,585
Liked 2496 Times on 1423 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Default

He's got my vote...

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
-06
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 125
Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Really appreciate folks like him who know and speak. Something that always bothers me is some who think the second amendment preserves guns for hunting--it has nothing to do with hunting but to the preservation of our republic and personal freedom.

__________________
-06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
What I've seen of him so far, I'd agree with you. He needs to be asked a lot more questions before I'd commit a vote for him, though. But just based on what he's said, he's way ahead of anyone running for office, IMO.
For me, common sense goes a long ways. Of course I would like to know his plans for a budget and how he is going to treat the troops and our overseas commitments, the border, but I think he is smart enough to know "when he doesn't know" to hire the best to better educate him.

Unlike, well, 90% of the people running in this election who are educated through sound bites and party bias to say any fool thing that keeps them in lock step to the starfish in front of them.

When it comes to West, I don't think he is "political" as much as he is just a point of fact type of analyzer of problems and developer of working solutions. That approach resonates with me.

Just because you have a "D" or an "R" by your name doesn't mean you can't have a good idea, or be a complete dumbass and be immediately ignored.

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PC167's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines,Iowa
Posts: 1,043
Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Default

I like that quote and may have to use it. :-)

__________________

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PC167 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
For me, common sense goes a long ways. Of course I would like to know his plans for a budget and how he is going to treat the troops and our overseas commitments, the border, but I think he is smart enough to know "when he doesn't know" to hire the best to better educate him.

Unlike, well, 90% of the people running in this election who are educated through sound bites and party bias to say any fool thing that keeps them in lock step to the starfish in front of them.

When it comes to West, I don't think he is "political" as much as he is just a point of fact type of analyzer of problems and developer of working solutions. That approach resonates with me.

Just because you have a "D" or an "R" by your name doesn't mean you can't have a good idea, or be a complete dumbass and be immediately ignored.

JD
He resonates with me, too. I have no reason to doubt him. That's why I want to know more about him...to be more sure. He seems like someone I could actually campaign for. When I go all-in, people around me run for cover. That doesn't happen often. I'd really like to be able to endorse this guy.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Allen west on Gun Control opaww Legal and Activism 6 06-15-2011 12:59 PM
Allen West Interview user4 Politics, Religion and Controversy 26 05-01-2011 02:56 PM
Rep. Allen West tells off Cair Representative CA357 Politics, Religion and Controversy 13 02-23-2011 01:31 PM
LT COL Allen West-CPAC michigan0626 Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 04-19-2010 02:00 PM
Must See! Lt. Col. Allen West CA357 Politics, Religion and Controversy 5 01-25-2010 01:03 AM