Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Allen West on 2A (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/allen-west-2a-73578/)

bkt 10-02-2012 07:15 PM

Allen West on 2A

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/allen-wests-powerful-gun-rights-speech-an-armed-man-is-a-citizen-a-disarmed-man-is-a-subject/#

Brilliantly, succinctly put. This man is outstanding.

Dillinger 10-02-2012 07:27 PM

Most excellent speech. I would love to see that guy on a ballot I could vote for, he would be my pick hands down.

astroman 10-02-2012 07:35 PM

Agreed - excellent speech!

bkt 10-02-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 961709)
Most excellent speech. I would love to see that guy on a ballot I could vote for, he would be my pick hands down.

What I've seen of him so far, I'd agree with you. He needs to be asked a lot more questions before I'd commit a vote for him, though. But just based on what he's said, he's way ahead of anyone running for office, IMO.

NitroxAZ 10-02-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 961745)
What I've seen of him so far, I'd agree with you. He needs to be asked a lot more questions before I'd commit a vote for him, though. But just based on what he's said, he's way ahead of anyone running for office, IMO.

Agreed but with his take on 2A I am fairly certain he would be in line of the Founding Fathers.

I also think that it is only a matter of time before he runs for higher office.

therewolf 10-02-2012 08:10 PM

He's got my vote...

-06 10-02-2012 08:26 PM

Really appreciate folks like him who know and speak. Something that always bothers me is some who think the second amendment preserves guns for hunting--it has nothing to do with hunting but to the preservation of our republic and personal freedom.

Dillinger 10-02-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 961745)

For me, common sense goes a long ways. Of course I would like to know his plans for a budget and how he is going to treat the troops and our overseas commitments, the border, but I think he is smart enough to know "when he doesn't know" to hire the best to better educate him.

Unlike, well, 90% of the people running in this election who are educated through sound bites and party bias to say any fool thing that keeps them in lock step to the starfish in front of them. :mad:

When it comes to West, I don't think he is "political" as much as he is just a point of fact type of analyzer of problems and developer of working solutions. That approach resonates with me.

Just because you have a "D" or an "R" by your name doesn't mean you can't have a good idea, or be a complete dumbass and be immediately ignored.

JD

PC167 10-02-2012 08:42 PM

I like that quote and may have to use it. :-)

bkt 10-02-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 961803)
For me, common sense goes a long ways. Of course I would like to know his plans for a budget and how he is going to treat the troops and our overseas commitments, the border, but I think he is smart enough to know "when he doesn't know" to hire the best to better educate him.

Unlike, well, 90% of the people running in this election who are educated through sound bites and party bias to say any fool thing that keeps them in lock step to the starfish in front of them. :mad:

When it comes to West, I don't think he is "political" as much as he is just a point of fact type of analyzer of problems and developer of working solutions. That approach resonates with me.

Just because you have a "D" or an "R" by your name doesn't mean you can't have a good idea, or be a complete dumbass and be immediately ignored.

JD

He resonates with me, too. I have no reason to doubt him. That's why I want to know more about him...to be more sure. He seems like someone I could actually campaign for. When I go all-in, people around me run for cover. That doesn't happen often. I'd really like to be able to endorse this guy.