Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > AL woman shoots intruder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2553 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Default AL woman shoots intruder

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/alabama-woman-shoots-home-intruder-to-protect-herself-and-her-ax-and-knife-wielding-daughters/

Quote:
Lewis told the station one of the responding police officers said it would have been a different situation if she hadn’t been armed.

“One of them said we would be writing up a different report if she had not had that gun,” Lewis said.

Police said Lewis will not be charged for shooting the suspect. He faces charges of burglary and criminal mischief as well as possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to WVTM.

Lewis said she’s had the gun for about three years but only for protection purposes.

“There‘s so much talk about banning guns and gun control but they’re for protection,” she said. “There’s no way that I could have fought him off.”
Well there you go
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

I like it when the good guy/gal wins.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5244 Times on 2735 Posts
Likes Given: 330

He was just getting his life turned around. One more murder and a good raping and he would have taken care of his own kids. Where is the compassion??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #4

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

maybe she "incensed" him with a hollow point on how to be a better person.

good job Ms. Lewis.......but get out to the shootin range a lil more often and become a better shot.

1000 thumbs up to you and your daughters.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #5

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

While this story has a happy ending, there is still something to be read between the lines. Practice, practice, PRACTICE....she had to wait for him to get close enough not to miss. That should have been at the front door.

I wish more mom's would take self defense this serious, protecting my family is part of my job as a dad and husband. Good job Ms. Lewis Good job indeed.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #6

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

If only more women would take up arms. Husbands, Fathers and boyfriends, take your wives, daughters and girlfriends out to the range and teach them how to shoot and how to defend themselves. No matter the age, sex, disability, height etc. EVERYONE should know how to defend themselves, and be able to when necessary. The worst crime a government can commit is taking away the peoples right to bear arms and defend themselves. There's a number of countries and even states in this nation where this woman would have gone to prison. I don't know about you, but if my wife, daughter or girlfriend were put into a position such as this, there should be no doubt in there mind whether or not what they did was right and they shouldn't have to worry about going to prison.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This