Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   12 yo girl -1 Intruder-0 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/12-yo-girl-1-intruder-0-a-74663/)

Overkill0084 10-19-2012 03:08 PM

12 yo girl -1 Intruder-0

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/213944.php
Quote:

A brave 12yr old Texas Oklahoma (sorry bout that) girl kept her wits about her and shot an intruder when he attempted to open the closet door where she was hiding.

slog 10-19-2012 03:13 PM

This is exactly why I want my kids to be proficient with firearms. In the event that they need to use one, I might not be around to help, and I'd rather have peace of mind knowing they'll hit their target and not themselves or some innocent bystanders.

jjfuller1 10-19-2012 03:15 PM

awesome. go girly.. anyone notice they cut her off just when she was probly gonna say it was because she was trained how to use a gun for defense?

onenut58 10-19-2012 03:25 PM

They indeed did cut off where she was about to say she had been trained to use the gun.

Dillinger 10-19-2012 03:34 PM

It is too bad they cut her off as she was about to talk about her previous firearms usage, but I am very glad that she not only was taught what to do, but was not afraid to do it.

Kudos to her. I sincerely hope she is "okay" what what she had to do and doesn't have any PTSD issues. They did appear to be the most affluent family, so I doubt they have tons of excess cash for therapy sessions.

I am really glad the bad guy got exactly what he deserved, albiet a bit shot of the ideal outcome, this is far better for that brave little 12 year old.

Excellent find Overkill - Thanks for posting!

JD

shadecorp 10-19-2012 04:10 PM

Great Young Lady.
Probably Good Parents as well.

winds-of-change 10-19-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 982488)
It is too bad they cut her off as she was about to talk about her previous firearms usage, but I am very glad that she not only was taught what to do, but was not afraid to do it.

Kudos to her. I sincerely hope she is "okay" what what she had to do and doesn't have any PTSD issues. They did appear to be the most affluent family, so I doubt they have tons of excess cash for therapy sessions.

I am really glad the bad guy got exactly what he deserved, albiet a bit shot of the ideal outcome, this is far better for that brave little 12 year old.

Excellent find Overkill - Thanks for posting!

JD

That's exactly it. I am so proud of that girl. She has more cajones than I think I would. She is incredible. I'm glad she didn't kill him, though, because that would have been very difficult for the girl to live with. But if she had killed the intruder..........meh.

levelcross 10-19-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 982619)
That's exactly it. I am so proud of that girl. She has more cajones than I think I would. She is incredible. I'm glad she didn't kill him, though, because that would have been very difficult for the girl to live with. But if she had killed the intruder..........meh.

+++1K

we need a I LOVE IT BUTTON:D:D:D

orangello 10-19-2012 06:48 PM

Kudos to the kiddo!

Maybe they will let her get a puppy now, a Rottweiler puppy. Or maybe she will ask for a Mossberg 500 in 20 guage with a security barrel and bayonet.

slog 10-19-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 982619)

Good point. From what I heard on the news this morning, she shot him through the closet door or something along those lines, so I would imagine she was in the sitting position. Hopefully she shot him in the nuts so he can live the rest of his life without his manhood. That would be awesome.

This man has prior arrests for abductions or attempted abductions, so it's no doubt that he was attempting to abduct her as well. That was probably his entire purpose of breaking into the home. Maybe had been spying on the home waiting for the parents to leave. Sick bastard.

Owned. Rot in prison. I'm sure all the dads in lockup will have a field day with him.