Zmax for guns??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Zmax for guns??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Zmax for guns??

I was listing to a NASCAR broadcast on the radio while working in my garage & the advertisement for Zmax gun products came on. So I was wondering if anyone has used any of their products on your guns? I have used some in my small motors but I didn't know they made anything for guns.

http://www.zmax.com/micro_lubricant/firearms/

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 528 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Seems like

The lube might be a dry lube....I had bought some for a trigger once.

But I do have a question about the bore cleaner

Quote:
Product #50-101, 1.5 fl oz. Bore Cleaner & Conditioner soaks into the pores for ideal gun cleaning and conditioning
Steel barrels have pores ?

Have to be some pretty microscopic stuff...

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Old 07-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #3

Liked 220 Times on 145 Posts

Never seen it. I did buy a bottle of Lucas gun oil. I'm pretty sure it is some type of ATF. Same color, consistency, similar smell.

Sent from a phone I can use to do my taxes, but can't make a damn call.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:03 AM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Zmax is mineral oil and some other things. I can't see it doing anything for my engine. I don't want mineral oil anywhere near the engine. I remember when they came out with teflon additives for engine oil. It stopped up a bunch of filters.
I've use carnuba wax on a .22 for a long time. It kept moisture off. Looke nice. I think it was Johnsons. a combination of grease and wax maybe would work? I like Essox, but can't find it. It dries and stays in place on the metal. Its synthetic. It softens as it get warm. Rig+P for stainless and machine guns cling real nice and it takes up clearances inside as long as it is not working then. I have a lube for my lawn mower and equipment, I can't think of the term of it's characteristic.
You have to scrub the stuff off. It stays where you put it. Washing it off you hans with plenty of soap takes a while. It is synthetic and is over weven dollars a tube in auto parts stores. I've been thinking of possible applications in some of my guns. Suchaa as the bolt carrier rails of the ARs and the pin and maybe a just a little on the rings. the stuff keeps the spindles dry and tight on my high rpm blades of my zero turn mower. I think it might be lithium but synthetic base. It turly won't smear off. Might not be pretty for outside metal protection but it wouldn't run off.