Your go-to CLP Help wanted - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Your go-to CLP Help wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2208 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 820

As a pure rust inhibitor RIG is very hard to beat. RIG is a grease for long term storage. RIG will work as well as cosmoline and you won't need harsh chemicals to remove RIG.

http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-chemicals/oils-lubricants/rust-prevention/rig-universal-gun-grease-prod31842.aspx

Old 04-13-2014, 11:10 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Breakfree CLP and Froglube for me.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 256 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Still waiting on the brown truck, FedX and the mailman to stop buy to deliver all the purchases but I think im about done buying gun care products for this evaluation. I’ll stop at 40 products. Here is the list. I’ll be at a gun show on Friday and unless there is a product there I don’t have on the list. I think I’ll get going on the evaluation.

Love your guns, spend time with them.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Still waiting on the brown truck, FedX and the mailman to stop buy to deliver all the purchases but I think im about done buying gun care products for this evaluation. I’ll stop at 40 products. Here is the list. I’ll be at a gun show on Friday and unless there is a product there I don’t have on the list. I think I’ll get going on the evaluation.

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 04-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #25

Liked 109 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 34

One I didn't see on your list that I think works great is TC Bore Butter. I started using it on the outside of my ML's after running the patch down the bore, it's food grade and will wash out of cloths and stays on the gun parts better then oil. One tube will last a long time and now I use it on all my guns.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Eezox fan here

Become steel or get cut.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I picked up two more products at a gun show on Saturday and I have another gun show this weekend to see if I can find more while I wait for the final mail ordered products to reach my doorstep. Then I can begin the process of evaluating all of them. I should be somewhere in the range of about 45 products.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #28

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Im trying out pb blaster on my guns. So far I like it alot for its lubrication but and I havent seen any rust on my guns. I noticed it tends to stick around a bit better than safariland break free clp which is good.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:32 AM   #29
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 918 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 436

These post never cease to amaze me! Most any decent lubricant is more than adequate for your typical home owner fire-arm! Mobile One comes up often, well it protects cylinder walls from 3 or 4 or 5 thousand strokes per-minute! You are concerned about something far less powerful and used infrequently like there is some magic formula? Hey there is a limit to credulity, fact is some lubrication in most instances is adequate. Keep them clean stay ahead of the moisture and NP.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
These post never cease to amaze me! Most any decent lubricant is more than adequate for your typical home owner fire-arm!
"decent lubricant " Define that? Thats what I hope to do. Otherwise you are going by what? Slick sales ads, word of mouth???? I tend to put things up against their claims so I know first hand rather than rely on suspect data.

Quote:
Mobile One comes up often, well it protects cylinder walls from 3 or 4 or 5 thousand strokes per-minute!
As I am well into this evaluation I can tell you first hand that I will not be using motor oils on any of my guns, bow, knives, tools, etc, not from a lubrcation standpoint nor a corrosion inhibition standpoint. The results from motor oil so far are disappointing to say the least. Car engins and the environment they operate in are not at all equitable to guns, bows, knives, tools.

Quote:
You are concerned about something far less powerful and used infrequently like there is some magic formula?
Those are your words and something you manufactured. At no time have I mentioned "Magic" I hoped to weed out the slick sales pitches and suspect data and evaluate these prodcuts against one another with equitable methods.

Quote:
fact is some lubrication in most instances is adequate. Keep them clean stay ahead of the moisture and NP.
I agree to a point but then the point in all this is to evaluate these products to find out which offers the most lubrication and corrosion resistance so that (or those) products are the "some lubrication" you speak of. As I can tell from the evaluations I have done so far, some of these products offer almost no corrosion inhibition and from a lubrication standpoint as nearly equal to dry steel on dry steel yet their packaging would lead you to think they are superior lubs and corrosion inhibitors. I hope to weed out the BS.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 04-29-2014 at 01:57 PM.
KG7IL Likes This