Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Wanting a Tipton gun vise...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Default Wanting a Tipton gun vise...

But I'm also checking out the Tipton "best" gun vise, but it's twice as much... Is it worth it for someone who's guns are just a hobby?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2014, 05:59 AM   #2

Liked 219 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 178

I have both. It's just a hobby for me as well. The "best" vice is much more versatile though.

Last edited by Highpower; 06-13-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: pic added

Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #3
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2836 Times on 1945 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Default Wanting a Tipton gun vise...

I have the less expensive Tipton and the MTM " Maintainence ctr"

What really runs a lot are the "Bench Shooting" rests, a few I saw were well north of $350. I have the K-Zone from MTM, and I have extra bags to mount and Stabilize both the rest and the Stock of the Long gun. You can always buy a "Vice" Block to fit the gun your working on and secure it to your workbench. The bench I have was left here by a prior owner, about 6 Ft. Long and 3Ft. Deep, it looks similar to, but not Quite like the bench Harbor Freight sells. It's got one very long Draw, and three smaller ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*