Ultra-sonic cleaner - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Ultra-sonic cleaner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiel View Post
This is true i do not use stainless media but can you put a 16 inch upper in your tumbler for cleaning. Stainless seems to be the new buzz for brass cleaning but i wanted a more all purpose tool in my reloading room and an ultra sonic cleaner will do more than brass. A friend of mone has started to gather stainless media materials so i will be able to compare then.

Desiel
My comment was about brass only. I too have interest in an ultrasonic cleaner...but not for brass. I have compared steel to other media and what is nice about the steel is that you don't need to clean the primer pockets. After de-capping throw the brass in the tumbler for 4 hours and it's shiny as new...often moreso than new.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No worries thats just some of my expirence so far with ultra sonic. I do know you can buy a cheaper unit off ebay as my friend did and he now has a hornady one and wishes he never wasted money one the cheaper one. There are a lot of diffrent recipes on the net for cheap solutions but i can but a liter of solution for 24.00 and it will not go bad. When the solution gets dirty i just put it in a 12 liter ice cream pail and in 2 days the grime has settled to the bottom and i can pour of the clean solution to another pail for use later. The solution never weakens unless you add water to dilute it so the liter has lasted me 6 months and i has 3 more full mixes left with 3 cycling in the pails. If you get one you will like it. I am sure there are others hear with more experiece than i but this is whats working for me now and i am sure i will learn more in the future. Good luck.

Desiel

Old 12-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #23

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 733

Did I read that right? You want to put an ENTIRE upper in a tumbler for cleaning?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No but i can put it in my sonic cleaner The original post was asking if they were worth it. As i stated i like mine and can do diffrent things with it cause of the size i bought. Everything has a pupose and if you dont know it can make for a tough choice and i was adding my 2 cents from my success and failures.

Desiel