Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Cleaning and Maintenance (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f168/)
-   -   Two valuable lessons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f168/two-valuable-lessons-71536/)

longunner 08-31-2012 07:47 PM

Two valuable lessons

I learned two valuable lessons today...the hard way. Number one: don't leave your bottle of Hoppes 9 on your table OPENED. Number two: don't leave your smartphone next to the OPEN BOTTLE of Hoppes........:mad:

Dillinger 08-31-2012 07:48 PM

Gravity. Not to be trusted!

mountainman13 08-31-2012 07:53 PM

Beats knocking it over onto a gun you just stripped and degreased for reblueing. I learned the hard way a while ago. Always recap immediately. Hoppes your phone cleans up ok. Lol

Sentry18 08-31-2012 08:10 PM

Yikes! Those are good lessons. I am glad the last time I bought Hoppes I went with the Hoppes Elite in the spray bottle.

xcoreyyyx 08-31-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 923068)
Beats knocking it over onto a gun you just stripped and degreased for reblueing. I learned the hard way a while ago. Always recap immediately. Hoppes your phone cleans up ok. Lol

Hoppes you got insurance on that phone.

jjfuller1 09-01-2012 12:11 AM

ive lost like half a bottle before when i had not closed it and it while cleaning.. i also learned to recap IMEDAITELY. luckily for me it was just onto a rag and not anything important

c3shooter 09-01-2012 01:01 AM

Save a small bottle with a closeable spout- like a Rem-Oil bottle. Transfer your Hoppes to that. Does not spill, you can put a couple of drops on a patch or brush with getting the whole bottle dirty by dunking a bore brush.

You do not want to know how many bottles I spilled before I learned that little trick. My kids thought my cologne smelled like Hoppes.

longunner 09-02-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
Save a small bottle with a closeable spout- like a Rem-Oil bottle. Transfer your Hoppes to that. Does not spill, you can put a couple of drops on a patch or brush with getting the whole bottle dirty by dunking a bore brush.

You do not want to know how many bottles I spilled before I learned that little trick. My kids thought my cologne smelled like Hoppes.

Not a bad idea at all.....now alll I have to do is use up all my rem oil lol shouldn't be so hard to do.

spittinfire 09-02-2012 12:37 PM

My bottle has a little spout on it that you can close so even if I left it open and it fell only a small amount would spill.

trip286 09-02-2012 12:59 PM

I save the little medicine dosing cups. I pour the Hoppe's in, close the bottle and put it away. The little cups don't hold up very well, and people that are lucky enough to shoot more than I do won't be able to do this. I get maybe ten uses out of each cup before they get too messed up.