Powder marks and Stainless Steel - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Powder marks and Stainless Steel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
CLP powder blast does a good job of cleaning my stainless guns. I bought my 10/22 used. Powder blast got stains off it that were there when I bought it.
John: I'm more concerned for my wife's SP101. As good as Frog lube and the others are, they don't totally remove the powder stain around the chambers of the cylinder. So who carries the CLP powder blast and how much does it run cost wise...?

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #12

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Yankee Marshal on you tube has a video where he removes all traces of black on the cylinder. I forget what he used. He is kind of a rainbow twit and I seldom watch his drama queen antics. However, even the dimest bulb can shine a little light in a small space.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
CAR
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Mouser

I have used NEVER DULL for 15 years. It works great on my stainless GP100. I tried many other products but never dull works better than anything i've tried.
It comes in a dark blue can with white lettering, one can lasts along time. IT is a cotton type wadding you tear off a little bit and rub the carbon off.
Costs about 5 or 6 bucks a can, i found some at ace hardware for around 3.50 a can, wallmart has some in a gold can but i'm not sure its the same thing.
I can send you a picture of the can if you want.
People Like This 
Old 12-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #14

Liked 171 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAR View Post
Mouser

I have used NEVER DULL for 15 years. It works great on my stainless GP100. I tried many other products but never dull works better than anything i've tried.
It comes in a dark blue can with white lettering, one can lasts along time. IT is a cotton type wadding you tear off a little bit and rub the carbon off.
Costs about 5 or 6 bucks a can, i found some at ace hardware for around 3.50 a can, wallmart has some in a gold can but i'm not sure its the same thing.
I can send you a picture of the can if you want.
yes, please send/post picture...I have never heard of the stuff.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #15

Default Never Dull & Powder Blast

You can buy Never Dull at almost any Auto Parts stores. It is a popular product for cleaning wheels. I have used it for year for that purpose. If you use it to clean your firearms just be careful, it does contain an abrasive that is embedded in the wading.

Amazon carries CL Powder Blast for like $11 a can (12 ounces). I usually buy mine from there.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbernier
You can buy Never Dull at almost any Auto Parts stores. It is a popular product for cleaning wheels. I have used it for year for that purpose. If you use it to clean your firearms just be careful, it does contain an abrasive that is embedded in the wading. Amazon carries CL Powder Blast for like $11 a can (12 ounces). I usually buy mine from there.
Thanks! we'll look the next time we are out and about.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I have numerous SS guns and love to shoot them. I do not love to clean the powder residue off of them....generally, I use standard cleaning supplies like solvent, gun oil and lots of elbow grease...

What do you use and is there a "miracle" solvent that takes the residue off easily?
I use a lead removal cloth. Works great. See my avatar.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #18

I found it! Now if I can find time and a place to shoot my GP100, I can test the cleaner out!
never-dull.jpg  
CAR Likes This 
Old 12-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #19

I hate it when my pictures are sideways!

Old 12-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4121 Times on 2802 Posts
Likes Given: 2047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I found it! Now if I can find time and a place to shoot my GP100, I can test the cleaner out!
Saw the picture and realized I've been using it too. Never paid attention to the name! It is helpful on the cylinder face, the forcing cone, the recoil shield. I doubt you will ever need Never Dull for the outside finish if you clean regularly. Have to be careful with it. Do not use it on bright SS. How do I know? Learned the hard way.