M-14/M1-A Cleaning Insert

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > M-14/M1-A Cleaning Insert

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2621 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

Default M-14/M1-A Cleaning Insert

Just wondering where I can get some of those Chamber Inserts for the M1-A and M1 Garand Rifles that you place in the chamber area to keep the debris and solvents out of the action while cleaning the rifles. The ones I have seen were made out of yellow or red plastic material and just set in the bolt opening area where the dirty patch can then be removed. It is like a small tray and also holds the bolt to the rear while cleaning.

Thanks

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 10-03-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: adding to the description of the piece

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9198 Times on 3968 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

Not to be cute, but if you want some disposable ones, get a box of tampons. They will work, and have a string to get them out.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2621 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

C-3,

Got to admit I never thought of that one!
Thanks and they are cheap! I like the string feature!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 783 Times on 576 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I clean my M1a barrel and chamber rifle upside down. Put a towel in the breach and use the Otis system. I only break it down for a full clean once a year being careful with the glass bedding.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V