Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Light Duty Clamp On Vise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Light Duty Clamp On Vise

I needed a vise to work on my guns and other little jobs, especially my AR style rifle.

Picked up this Pony 13025 3-Inch Light Duty Clamp On Vise
from Amazon for around 20 bucks. (I had some credit so only paid about $6 for it.)

I tested it as soon as I got it. It clamps securely to the workbench and held the rifle tight as I was wrenching on it. I'm going to add some rubber to the jaws to protect the surface of my projects.

Nice little investment if you need a vise for small projects.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 169 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I bought one that is very similar in design I believe from Lowes. It's made by Irwin, works great for working on my AR's, pistols, knives, and various other projects. Think I paid 15-25 bucks for it I don't remember but it was totally worth it. I live in an apt and have a built in desk kind of in the corner of my place that I use as my "work bench" for all of my projects. I'm sure my neighbors love when I'm punching out dovetailed sights, pins in and out, cutting and grinding with a dremel, and torquing barrel nuts and doing other task that create a good amount of noise that I'm sure resonates pretty bad since the desk is built into the wall. Gotta do what ya gotta do

Old 03-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5285 Times on 2756 Posts
Likes Given: 333

i got a bolt on vice that i got from menards (local version of lowes but cheaper) for 20$ on sale got a couple of spots i drilled holes for it.

my work space doesnt have edges to clamp those to so i just drill holes heh

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Default Light Duty Clamp On Vise

I have a wood vise that is built like like a bar clamp. The vise is light and easy to set up. I just set my vise up on a two foot piece of 2x12. The vise is mostly used for gun cleaning and light repairs. If I need something more sturdy to remove a pin I just use a press. I am not going to beat on stuff.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by winds-of-change; 03-21-2014 at 12:05 PM.