Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Frog Lube - Opinions Please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Frog is a water based product? It has shown an ability to attract and grow mold. It has also shown the ability to fail, and allow etching of rust to attack metals.

Frog? I'm out.

I only use products proven to work on guns that have PTFE as a primary ingredient. Three come to mind, NRA lube, CLP available at Wal-Mart and loctite C5-A. C5-A is a grease. Glorious stuff! New Glocks are shipped with this on slides.

You put PTFE on a gun, and hell or high water can't harm it. Bullets can't burn it out of the barrel, slides can't wear it off no matter how long it has been between cleanings.

Like it easy and quick? CLP.

Want a more roughly cleaned gun? NRA lube systems.

Want something thicker to stay put? C5-A
Also available at walmart is mpro-7 oils and cleaner. I haven't tried the gun cleaner but the oil is excellent. It's also environmentally friendly, doesn't smell bad, but works phenomenally well. I had used rem oil on my 590a1 for a while. I switched to the mpro and the difference in the action was noticeable and made it much smoother/quieter.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app