Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Cleaning and Maintenance (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f168/)
-   -   Frog Lube - Opinions Please. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f168/frog-lube-opinions-please-101276/)

DP03 12-07-2013 02:57 PM

Frog Lube - Opinions Please.
 
I recently bought Frog Lube as it seemed to be the latest craze in an all-in-one wonder product.......

I now see some posts that seem to think it's not all that. I'd like to have opinions from those that have used it, both positive and negative. I have been using it on my Mossberg and AK, and I've shot both plenty lately with zero problems. That being said, if someone gives me proof that it's not a great product for whatever reason, I have plenty of other product to use.......

Thanks.

zaitsev44 12-07-2013 04:33 PM

I love it. I use it on all my guns. It's a lot better than RemOil. Works good on semiautomatics, bolt actions, pistols, ect. It's my go-to product. I highly recommend it.

scottmac 12-07-2013 04:47 PM

I like it too. I've tried it on the H&Ks,Sig, and 1911s .... Makes for an easy cleanup after the range. Seems good as a dry lube.
I recommend going to their website and reading the instructions / recommendations for use.

It's slick enough, I treated the iron table on my table saw and joiner/planer ... Even sappy wood doesn't stick, and they seem well protected. I'm going to do the other power tools when I get a chance.

DP03 12-07-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmac (Post 1451752)
I like it too. I've tried it on the H&Ks,Sig, and 1911s .... Makes for an easy cleanup after the range. Seems good as a dry lube.
I recommend going to their website and reading the instructions / recommendations for use.

It's slick enough, I treated the iron table on my table saw and joiner/planer ... Even sappy wood doesn't stick, and they seem well protected. I'm going to do the other power tools when I get a chance.

Yea, I have been using it according to the heat recommendations. I like it too, but I've seen a few posts on here criticizing it, that's why I posted.

Pasquanel 12-07-2013 07:05 PM

If it works for you why do you care? The latest I'm aware of is Fireclean http://www.cleanergun.com/
I'm still using Ballistol, hard to argue against a product that's over a 100 years old and does what it claims!
Sometimes good is good enough. ;)

DP03 12-07-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasquanel (Post 1451921)
If it works for you why do you care? The latest I'm aware of is Fireclean http://www.cleanergun.com/
I'm still using Ballistol, hard to argue against a product that's over a 100 years old and does what it claims!
Sometimes good is good enough. ;)

Because Frog is a fairly new product, and really is still being proven. I have seen a very lopsided positive response on it, with some that have done their own tests. But I've also seen a few negatives, which may just be those that won't endorse anything that they don't have in their box, but I'm curious.

And why do I care? Because I do. If you don't, then you need not respond.

Ballistol is supposed to be good stuff. But there aren't too many things that haven't been improved upon in the last 100 years.

CardiacColt68 12-07-2013 11:52 PM

I have been using it on my Wiley Clapp Colt Commander since I got it. No problems, and does make clean up easier. I just started using it on my Walther PPQ and PPK. I use a heat gun to warm the parts when I apply it. IMO it seems the complaints I have read sound like user error. I could see where it would have problems if you don't remove all the excess after treating. I had a few thicker globs that I removed. If not maybe they would have caused some problems.

JohnJak 12-10-2013 06:17 PM

Next year there will be another wonder product people will rave about.

DaughterofAres 12-10-2013 06:37 PM

We just bought it too and having no issues. Smells way better than solvent, now that the windows are shut in winter (the temp. is in -20's fah but "feels" like -43.5f) these past few days. The fun side, the husband has me smelling all the guns saying "it smells like toothpaste" "smell, smell"

Mercator 12-10-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DP03 (Post 1451956)
Because Frog is a fairly new product, and really is still being proven. I have seen a very lopsided positive response on it, with some that have done their own tests. But I've also seen a few negatives, which may just be those that won't endorse anything that they don't have in their box, but I'm curious.

And why do I care? Because I do. If you don't, then you need not respond.

Ballistol is supposed to be good stuff. But there aren't too many things that haven't been improved upon in the last 100 years.

I agree. Frog Lube is an overpriced cleaner-lubricant of which are many. It is trading on 1)being non-toxic, and 2)smelling good. The ready-soaked wipes are stronger and thicker than the wet kleenex tissue sold as Winchester. That's good marketing, but I will let someone else reward it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.