Frog Lube on Melonite Barrel?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Frog Lube on Melonite Barrel?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Frog Lube on Melonite Barrel?

I'm waiting to pick up my M&P15 Sport with a melonite treated barrel. I just started to use Frog lube on my other firearms and wonder if it works on the melonite the same way it works on regular steel. Anyone have experience with the two?

I hit it...didn't I?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #2

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I use Frog Lube but I never got how it could penetrate anything but bare metal (stainless finish). I think it'll clean and lubricate your melonite but certainly not "treat" the underlying metal, that's just my opinion though, I'd be glad to be told otherwise.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6620 Times on 3688 Posts
Likes Given: 6293

????? Why would you lube your barrel?????