Frog Lube
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Frog Lube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Frog Lube

Forum peeps, what are thoughts on this before I buy?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2399 Times on 1193 Posts
Likes Given: 1225

Glock,

I have not used it but some of the armorer students in my weapons armorer classes say it is great stuff.
Let me know the results if you get some. I guess after it is applied it even seems dry but works well.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #3

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Also curious and interested in this product. From my understanding you basically coat the entire slide and (non polymer) frame parts in the paste for a while, then blow-dry it, let it sit then wipe it down. Supposed to react with the metal & seep deep into the fibers to repel dirt and carbon for a long time and enable to gun to just be wiped down after shooting.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #4

Liked 28 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've used the 'dealer sample', and was pleasantly surprised at how 'white glove' clean my M&P got. I have no definitive proof but it seemed to lubricate as well as any other product I've tried.

I have a friend that tried it and said it 'gunked up' his AR, but from his description he slathered the bolt and FCG with FrogLube and thought it would work similar to a grease. Needless to say, it didn't.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #5

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Right. Its not meant to act as a dedicated grease to use on moving parts. Its meant to clean dirt, react with the metal parts, and be wiped clean to leave a smooth finish that repels dirt.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 732 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Just to confuse you folks:
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f168/best-cleaner-lubricant-68758/
Use the search feature of this forum. Has a lot of old answers to your new questions.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

GlockBurg Likes This 
Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2399 Times on 1193 Posts
Likes Given: 1225

I certainly can vouch for the Mobile One formula. We have used it for 10 years at the Academy Carbine Schools.

1 ea. Quart of Mobile One 5W50 Synthetic Motor Oil and 1/2 Quart of Mobile One Synthetic Transmission Fluid and mix in container! Those smaller RC Car and Plane fuel contaiers that hold around 1 quarts or a small two cycle gas container from Walmart also works.
Get some of those ladies cosmetic small spray bottle pump dispensors and you are good to go. A lot of good lube for an inexpensive price making a whole quart and a half of quality lube! Breakfree is ok as well if you shake it up before using. But as I was advised by the students they applied the Frog Lube as mentioned above and swear by it! I'll have to try some myself!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

GlockBurg Likes This 
Old 03-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #8

Location: Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Im using Frog Lube on a Glock G17. So far so good.