Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Cleaning and Maintenance > Break-Free CLP: Interesting Article

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default Break-Free CLP: Interesting Article

Allot of people here use and recommend Break-Free CLP so tried to find out a little more about it and ran across this article.

http://65.48.65.168/Interviews/breakfree.htm

Great read if you're interested and now I know why so many recommend it!

I just ordered some

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1742 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 547

It is really good stuff. I use it on my AR and Mini as well as the rest of my guns. Maybe that is why my DPMS has never malfunctioned. I was given a bunch of sample packets but will have to buy some soon.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2232 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

Breakfree is Great Stuff! Ninja, Thank you for the fine report! I have used it for years! There is one issue however. If it sets for a long period the properties in it will seperate. SO! All you have to do when you pick up the bottle is simply SHAKE IT!
I also like the Mobile One Synthetic Formula that we have posted here before. Great stuff and for the amount it makes for the money it is excellent lubricant and great for the semi auto, auto weapons and other weapons.

Mix:
1 Qt. Mobil One 5W50 Synthetic Motor Oil with
1/2 Qt. Mobil One Synthetic Transmission Fluid
*Makes a whole 1 1/2 Qts. of Fine Weapon Lubricant.
You can put it in small dispensor bottles. I keep my bulk supply in one of those small 2 cycle red plastic gas cans from Wal-Mart and poor it in the small bottles when I need to fill them.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #4

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

It is a good idea to shake most liquids before using them to clean your guns. I like CLP and several others, and I have given away 2/3 of my synthetic mix that comes so highly recommended on this site. Everyone loves it and for the cost it is a nice gift to a noob or friend.

This is why I love this site, good honest info with minimal BS

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Breakfree is Great Stuff! Ninja, Thank you for the fine report! I have used it for years! There is one issue however. If it sets for a long period the properties in it will seperate. SO! All you have to do when you pick up the bottle is simply SHAKE IT!
I also like the Mobile One Synthetic Formula that we have posted here before. Great stuff and for the amount it makes for the money it is excellent lubricant and great for the semi auto, auto weapons and other weapons.

Mix:
1 Qt. Mobil One 5W50 Synthetic Motor Oil with
1/2 Qt. Mobil One Synthetic Transmission Fluid
*Makes a whole 1 1/2 Qts. of Fine Weapon Lubricant.
You can put it in small dispensor bottles. I keep my bulk supply in one of those small 2 cycle red plastic gas cans from Wal-Mart and poor it in the small bottles when I need to fill them.
Thanks for the suggestions and yeah I've heard the Mobil One Synthetic thing mentioned here allot. Something I'll also try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
This is why I love this site, good honest info with minimal BS
I love this site also. The first firearms forum I joined and have since found no need to look elsewhere!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
People Like This 
Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #6

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Can one pick up beakfree clp at their lgs?

Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2232 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

Ninja,

We have used it at the carbine schools for over 10 years. So it has stood up to the test.
Works real well and like I said to buy a whole quart and a half of good lube in smaller bottles would cost significantly more!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #8

Liked 1681 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatman6 View Post
It is available at Walmart believe it or not. I have been using it since I got out of the army in 1986

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #9

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

I'm going to go pick some up tonight and give it a try. Put 600 rounds through my ar this afternoon and it is in need of a serious cleaning.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatman6 View Post
Yes everything from .5 oz to 4.0 oz squeeze bottles to spray cans. I have a few Gallon Jugs and quart pump spray bottles.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.