What about R Guns?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > What about R Guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default What about R Guns?

Does anyone have any experience with R Guns. http://www.rguns.com/ I've read a lot on line and it seems a mixed bag. Most of what I read about their products is pretty good. Their promptness and social skills answering emails and phone calls, well not so good. They say they are shipping uppers in about 4 weeks give or take. I've been trying to find a 20" upper to finish a AR project with a wood stock. I'm not really in a hurry but would like to get one on order. Any opinions?

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #2

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Horror stories abound stay away!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #3

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with R Guns. http://www.rguns.com/ I've read a lot on line and it seems a mixed bag. Most of what I read about their products is pretty good. Their promptness and social skills answering emails and phone calls, well not so good. They say they are shipping uppers in about 4 weeks give or take. I've been trying to find a 20" upper to finish a AR project with a wood stock. I'm not really in a hurry but would like to get one on order. Any opinions?
Yeah just like the 6 BCGs I ordered in December that were " IN STOCK" guess what still didnt have them as of 2 weeks ago so I had my CC company put a stop on them from charging my card . It had been over 120 days and I was tired of waiting . Got a email last week from them wanting me to give them another card so they could ship my order . No reply email from me just like I got from them . If I were to buy their products I would buy it from a reputable dealer like Aim Surplus . RGuns C/S sucks, and if you do have a problem with a product you bought direct from them good luck getting any help . Personally there are better products out there for a little bit more money

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6024 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 432

never order anything from them. if you go into their shop and they have it for sale its ok but dont order their CS is just as bad as dealing with larue tactical or ciener

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 04-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default Thanks

OK thanks for the advice guys. I'll keep looking.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #6

Liked 135 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 245

I would follow the previous advice. My only experience with them was in store, and for the record i did not have any problems with what I bought, and haven't yet, but I only bought one item that was priced decent, waited 24hrs and returned to pick it up. For me it was only a little further west and north then GATS so it made sense to check them out. I can also say when i was interested in something displayed online, I would call to verify it was in stock and would always get an opposite answer as to what was indicated on their site, meaning...."no we don't have those in stock right now..."
and this was way before this recent onslaught of people snatching up everything.