Sinclair dissappointment
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Sinclair dissappointment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Default Sinclair dissappointment

On April 8th, in the midst of the ammo crunch, I threw caution into the wind...well not really, but for me it was....I ordered ammo on line. I had never done that before, but since I could not get ammo in the usual places, I thought what the heck.

So I see Rem UMC 9mm 250 round boxes for sale, but on back order. Ok, I have ammo to last so I gave them my info and ordered.

Two days ago, I received an online survey for customer sati...check that dissatisfaction. I still have not received my ammo.

The real issue I have with Sinclair is that, relatively speaking, their service is worse than Wal-Mart...because I can now buy ammo at Wal-Mart again, but Sinclair still can not ship my product.

It seems that Sinclair has no problem taking the order, but do have a problem delivering the order. I knew there was a good chance I would have to wait a bit...maybe months for my ammo. I did not think Wally World would beat them to my ammo order.

Now this was my first experience with online ordering and so I will stay away from Sinclair from here on out on items that are back ordered but with my inexperience with this type of ordering, I am not sure if this is "normal" or if they simply bit off more than they can chew so to speak.

Angry in Arkansas...Sinclair is on my Sh**list

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-31-2013, 02:19 AM   #2

Liked 2548 Times on 1454 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

I hear ya. Right now I'm dealing with an

arrogant, sanctimonious, hypocritical corporate rep

I would dearly love to meet in a dark alley.

I guess you don't want to ask for a refund?

I generally just request store credit, but these

doorhandles seem like they deserve special

attention...

Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #3

The good thing about them, is that they have not charged me yet...they will when they ship, but not yet. I could cancel the order but since I can now get ammo elsewhere, I will not do so as I shoot more 9mm than all my other loads.

The thing is that this is my first experience ordering on line. I will likely not put myself in a "back order" situation again, and Sinclair will be the last place I look for anything due to their poor service proposition. In sales, you never want to over promise and under deliver...that is exactly what Sinclair did.

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1221 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 587

So your disappointed that you ordered an item that wasn't in stock,and now your complaining about bad customer service?
Many companies have automatic electronic surveys that will be sent to you month's after you place an order with them,it has nothing to do with the availability of anything that you placed an order for.
I just don't get people that are upset when they place an order for an item that is out of stock/backorderd,and then get mad when they don't receive the items in a timely matter. It wasn't in stock!

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #5

Liked 2548 Times on 1454 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
So your disappointed that you ordered an item that wasn't in stock,and now your complaining about bad customer service?
This was 4-1/2 months ago. I would not be happy with this either.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Many companies have automatic electronic surveys that will be sent to you month's after you place an order with them,it has nothing to do with the availability of anything that you placed an order for.
I just don't get people that are upset when they place an order for an item that is out of stock/backorderd,and then get mad when they don't receive the items in a timely matter. It wasn't in stock!
When I ordered...I knew there would be a wait....did not know how long. The performance of Sinclair is poor relative to much of the mass merchandisers...specifically Wal Mart. How long is too long? an individual judgment between seller and buyer. Too long in my opinion. I think if ammo wasn't readily available elsewhere and I was still waiting, I would be ok with it...problem is, I am still waiting with no eta. Rule #1 of customer service is to provide feedback, even if it is bad so the customer does not fill in the blanks with their own imagination.

Sinclair took so many orders to create a backlog of orders to carry through times when ammo is available. This creates dissatisfaction for people like me who could have gotten ammo...will continue to get ammo from other sources. This business practice is poor by my standard hence the post. Sinclair will get my one order, they will not get a second order from me.

You are free to disagree with me and I respect your opinion on that though I do not agree with it.

Any supplier that is willing to sacrifice customer satisfaction for a larger orderfile is making a clear choice and it does not sit well with me, hence my post....this is a company review forum and my opinion is just that....an opinion. Sinclair's business practices are opposite of a Little Rock area business by the name of Fort Thompson...they on the other hand, chose to limit purchases to help spread out the number of people that can get ammo. The purchase price was probably 30% high compared to 2011 prices, but their choice was as clear to me as Sinclair's choice.

shadecorp Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1221 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 587

I can understand you being upset with Sinclair if they would've charged you for your order,and then taken this long without sending you the items that you ordered. But,as you stated,they haven't charged you anything,so your not out of anything!
You start trying to compare places to Wal-Mart,and 99.9% of the companies that you deal with don't sell in a year what Wal-Mart sells in a month when it comes to ammo.
Wal-Mart gets their ammo directly from the manufacturer,and most other sporting goods dealers get it from a wholesale distributor,and they have 100's of retailer's that they have to spread out whatever ammo they get sent to them.

I ordered a couple thousand rounds of 22WMR ammo on sale from Cabela's about 2 years ago,and it took over 9 months before I received it. I had completely forgot about it,and one day a box was setting on the porch. It didn't bother me at all that it took so long to get it,it was a great deal.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club