Silver Bear? Buyer Beware! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Silver Bear? Buyer Beware!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
In an "all ammo sales final" world, why would you expect them to refund on the unaffected/serviceable ammo?
The "unaffected" ammo was about ready to go bad, too. It was covered with some kind of black sludge. J&G was selling junk and calling it a quality product. A marketer can say "all sales final" all he wants, but he still has to comply with the law if he wishes to do business in the USA. Merely using the caveat "all sales final" does not immunize a seller from civil or criminal penalties.

Being in the sales business all my life, I always do everything possible to make a deal right. This is a quality that successful salespeople share. J&G could have easily absorbed the loss of a couple of dollars on the deal, especially in light of the fact that I spent almost $200 on other items. Further, a smart salesperson will admit fault (even when he doesn't feel like he's really at fault), then find a way to sweeten the deal, thus insulating the customer from outside competition. However, J&G chose not to do that and, in turn, lost a good customer.

Last edited by cameramon; 06-19-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3085 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameramon View Post
The "unaffected" ammo was about ready to go bad, too. It was covered with some kind of black sludge. J&G was selling junk and calling it a quality product. A marketer can say "all sales final" all he wants, but he still has to comply with the law if he wishes to do business in the USA. Merely using the caveat "all sales final" does not immunize a seller from civil or criminal penalties.

Being in the sales business all my life, I always do everything possible to make a deal right. This is a quality that successful salespeople share. J&G could have easily absorbed the loss of a couple of dollars on the deal, especially in light of the fact that I spent almost $200 on other items. Further, a smart salesperson will admit fault (even when he doesn't feel like he's really at fault), then find a way to sweeten the deal, thus insulating the customer from outside competition. However, J&G chose not to do that and, in turn, lost a good customer.
Previously:
Quote:
However... they refused to take back two additional boxes that are not showing damage. The customer service rep was adamant.
Quote:
Secondly, the customer service guy absolutely would not acknowledge my concerns and take back ALL of the Silver Bear, instead of just the two bad boxes.
From the earlier posts, how was one to know about this "Black Sludge" on the "unaffected/undamaged" boxes? "Unaffected" or "undamaged" sort of implies "serviceable." You can certainly understand the confusion, right?
Please clarify on the "about ready to go bad?" If it's not bad now, does that mean it's "good" or "serviceable" for now? How long before you expect it to go bad?
Again, if it's not "Bad" shoot it and go on with your life.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8812 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11484

If one of my customers receives a product from me that is obviously defective (as in this case), and provable through photographic evidence (though the OP did not provide pictures of the other box that was "nearly" bad) I would send replacement products at no charge. It is the cost of doing business. I also keep track of all such transactions so that if the customer has a history of "receiving defective products" they will eventually be denied replacements or I will ask for more verification (return the defective products, etc.).

Old 06-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #34

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

at this point I would just choke is up as a loss and use the rounds that you think look the best if possible or you might just want to junk the whole box. I have a rule with dealing with companies if I order from them and they mess up once (depending on what it is) I probably won't do business with them again. If they have awesome staff that's nice when I call up there and they fix the problem fast enough theres a better chance that I will deal with them again but most companies don't so I only deal with a few online companies I get everything locally if possible even if it's a few extra bucks.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #35

Liked 4517 Times on 2248 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

I bought FN FAL mags from j&g sales. One of them was dented in so bad it didn't feed. I drilled a hole and ran a bolt through the mag so as to make it a 5 round hunting magazine. It ended up working out for me, but the point is, I was not impressed with them. However, to be fair I will state that I did NOT contact their customer service so I do not know how they are. If this is indicative of their business, I will not be doing further business with them.

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #36

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameramon View Post
I ordered Silver Bear 9x18 Makarov FMJ from J&G Sales last week. It arrived today. This is what they sent me.

Bottom line: Inspect every box every time.
Nothing I see here would stop me from shooting this ammo. FWIW Barnaul is the maker of Silver Bear. MFS also re-brands the Barnaul ammo. I frequently use the 203gr in my 7.62x54r rifles.

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #37

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707

Nothing I see here would stop me from shooting this ammo. FWIW Barnaul is the maker of Silver Bear. MFS also re-brands the Barnaul ammo. I frequently use the 203gr in my 7.62x54r rifles.
I second that, I've used silver bear in my sks and barnaul in my ar with no issues whatsoever.

But I do agree with the op, he recieved crap ammo, if J&G is a reputable dealer like they claim to be then they should do whatever they could to keep thier customers happy. That ammo looks like it had been wet for awhile, maybe sitting in a port in a shipping container somewhere with a leaky ceiling. In my opinion that ammo should have never left thier shipping dept period.

I don't think it was a manufacturer problem but something that happened after being shipped from manufacturer. You would think if that was the case that j&g would have caught it upon receiving the ammo from the distributor and sent it back. But apperently they thought it would be better to pass crappy ammunition onto a customer. That's bad business in my opinion.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 08-06-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #38

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

I second that, I've used silver bear in my sks and barnaul in my ar with no issues whatsoever.

But I do agree with the op, he recieved crap ammo, if J&G is a reputable dealer like they claim to be then they should do whatever they could to keep thier customers happy. That ammo looks like it had been wet for awhile, maybe sitting in a port in a shipping container somewhere with a leaky ceiling. In my opinion that ammo should have never left thier shipping dept period.

I don't think it was a manufacturer problem but something that happened after being shipped from manufacturer. You would think if that was the case that j&g would have caught it upon receiving the ammo from the distributor and sent it back. But apperently they thought it would be better to pass crappy ammunition onto a customer. That's bad business in my opinion.
It could have occurred after shipping, too.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #39

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

they didn't have to take back the ammo that was damaged either.

for the last few years, ammo sales have had a "no return policy" on them all. don't know why, but ammo cannot be returned after it has been purchased.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #40

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

I always get the brass coated golden bear. never had that problem