Silver Bear? Buyer Beware! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Silver Bear? Buyer Beware!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8115 Times on 4687 Posts
Likes Given: 10477

It looks to me like it was the dealer, not the manufacturer. Did you contact Silver Bear and talk to them directly? Maybe they would replace all of the ammo if their dealer (A&G) will not.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I have bought thousands of rounds from J&G, and I have made many purchases from them at the store in Prescott, AZ. I have never had anything but good service from them.

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life
Times are tough, ammo is expensive, there will be no warning shots.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Just about any ammo sales, online, LGS or otherwise will be "all ammunition sales are final!" The fact that they took any boxes back at all shows they care. When you buy ammo online it is always "buyer beware."
Just my opinion; (and I suggest you ignore it) but when you buy cheap crap, it doesn't make sense to me that you get all in a huff when you recieve cheap crap.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #24

J&G is a reputable dealer, and an old, longtime merchant of Prescott. I would expect them to warranty that ammo. I would not have dallied long with that CS rep, and would have demanded to speak to Brad, the owner, and I bet Brad would have taken care of it, rather than having a post like this on a public forum.

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life

Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #25
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1851 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill View Post
J&G is a reputable dealer, and an old, longtime merchant of Prescott. I would expect them to warranty that ammo. I would not have dallied long with that CS rep, and would have demanded to speak to Brad, the owner, and I bet Brad would have taken care of it, rather than having a post like this on a public forum.
Since you are acquainted with Brad, it might be doing him a service to notify him of the problem. This is not good for him or the forum.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 06-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #26

I was thinking about that. I would not think he would want this negative publicity for $20. I normally dont stick my nose into the business of others, and I do not know the OP. But if I were he, I would want to know this.

They have been a reputable business there since about 1950 or so...you are not far from there, they are out in the NE corner of town, by the Purina feed mill.

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life

Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #27

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

maybe it's just from being stored in a warehouse, I buy my ammo from the local gun store and never had any problem with steel case ammo being rusty.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #28

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
maybe it's just from being stored in a warehouse, I buy my ammo from the local gun store and never had any problem with steel case ammo being rusty.
I've seen rusty brass in a local store, too! I went to my local Bass Pro Shop on Fathers Day and found a box of .40S&W Remington Golden Saber that was almost as rusty as the Silver Bear rounds. Two months ago I found a box of Winchester "white box" in the same condition. You'd think that Bass Pro would have some quality control in place, but they are at the mercy of their distributors as well.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #29

Brass wont rust. The Silver Bear is steel cased, and it will rust. Brass will Corrode, and if it has, then it has been wet. It is a distributor or shipping issue. Also, Brass does not corrode quickly, so it had to get wet and stay wet for a while........

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life

Old 06-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2725 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 267

In an "all ammo sales final" world, why would you expect them to refund on the unaffected/serviceable ammo? Life is short, shoot it and buy something else next time.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman