Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Share your terrible customer service experiences with firearms companies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

I know this does not exactly fit with the OP, but its close. Keltec in my experience has great customer service reps. But I had a horrible experience with my PF9. 2 broken firing pins and 1 unidentified problem with the slide in my PF9. They fixed all 3 issues under warranty and paid for the shipping. But having 3 failures to fire the first 3 times I took it out really makes me uncomfortable with the gun and all Keltec products in general.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-24-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #12
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1114 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 522

There are firearms that are known to be let's say,less than stellar products. Whether they have inherent design problems,or are made with inferior materials,the Mfg. should take care of the customer's that bought their products.
I have several Taurus firearms,and the only one's that I've had any problems with were a 24/7 OSS 45acp,and a Tracker 22lr.
I gave Taurus two chances to fix the 24/7 OSS,and it was just the sights-they were the wrong sights for a 45acp,the pistol shot 6" low at 25' with any ammo that was put through it. Since there were no aftermarket sights available for that model,I had to deal with Taurus. Both times I sent the pistol into them,I dabbed a spot of white grease inside the barrel with a Q-tip. Both times I got the pistol back from them with a letter saying there was nothing wrong with it,the spot of white grease was still in the barrel.
That told me that Taurus hadn't even test fired the pistol to even see if it shot low for them. I sold the pistol after that,and informed my ex-brother in law about the sight issue,he didn't care about the sight issue for some reason!

The Tracker 22lr had issues with the cylinder binding up if you fired it rapidly,just a small timing issue. I took it to a local gunsmith and he fixed it in a couple days for $50.

I don't have anything bad to say about Taurus firearms,they make some decent firearms in general. Their CS dept in Miami,Fl is another issue,it's piss poor all day long!

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly
There are firearms that are known to be let's say,less than stellar products. Whether they have inherent design problems,or are made with inferior materials,the Mfg. should take care of the customer's that bought their products.
I have several Taurus firearms,and the only one's that I've had any problems with were a 24/7 OSS 45acp,and a Tracker 22lr.
I gave Taurus two chances to fix the 24/7 OSS,and it was just the sights-they were the wrong sights for a 45acp,the pistol shot 6" low at 25' with any ammo that was put through it. Since there were no aftermarket sights available for that model,I had to deal with Taurus. Both times I sent the pistol into them,I dabbed a spot of white grease inside the barrel with a Q-tip. Both times I got the pistol back from them with a letter saying there was nothing wrong with it,the spot of white grease was still in the barrel.
That told me that Taurus hadn't even test fired the pistol to even see if it shot low for them. I sold the pistol after that,and informed my ex-brother in law about the sight issue,he didn't care about the sight issue for some reason!

The Tracker 22lr had issues with the cylinder binding up if you fired it rapidly,just a small timing issue. I took it to a local gunsmith and he fixed it in a couple days for $50.

I don't have anything bad to say about Taurus firearms,they make some decent firearms in general. Their CS dept in Miami,Fl is another issue,it's piss poor all day long!
Another vote for Taurus... Wow.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
I know this does not exactly fit with the OP, but its close. Keltec in my experience has great customer service reps. But I had a horrible experience with my PF9. 2 broken firing pins and 1 unidentified problem with the slide in my PF9. They fixed all 3 issues under warranty and paid for the shipping. But having 3 failures to fire the first 3 times I took it out really makes me uncomfortable with the gun and all Keltec products in general.
That's good to know, thanks DF.

Always have clean socks.