Share your terrible customer service experiences with firearms companies
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Share your terrible customer service experiences with firearms companies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

DISCLAIMER: This is not intended to be an end-all, be-all thread trying to dissuade potential buyers of certain firearms from buying with that company.

Let's hear your terrible customer service experiences from firearms companies. It might be fun.

I'll start. Forewarning, I am basically copying and pasting this from another thread. I already typed it all out once, so I don't see the need to do so again.

I have a Taurus Millennium PT140 (.40 S&W). Bought the gun new, and first time out the front sight falls off. We reattach it and later on the rear sight falls off. I'm still waiting on my rear sight that I ordered to arrive. Taurus customer service was sub-par in my experience with them.

The reason I was dissatisfied with their service is as follows: when I originally called to buy a replacement sight, which was approximately 9-10 months ago, she took my card information and told me it might be a couple weeks wait until they get them in stock. No problem, I can wait a few weeks. Six months later, I decide to call Taurus. They told me my card didn't work (despite me using my debit card and having just been paid a few days prior to when I made the call). I assume I either gave her the number incorrectly or she took it down wrong. Either way, no one made any effort to contact me to inform me, over the course of six months, despite having two phone numbers for me on record as well as my email address. So I sat for all that time and had no idea what was going on. Maybe I should have called them sooner, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they were extremely back logged for orders on the sights. Oh, another thing, when I talked to them the second time, she told me the original lady I had talked to had the wrong pistol model on record for me. I had given her the serial number, and you're telling me she couldn't look it up in her records somewhere what model my gun was? In addition to that, I told them the exact model of my gun. She didn't record it properly. And now here we are, 3-4 months after the second phone call, and still no sights.

Update: I called a few days ago. Supposedly they are shipping me the sights within a week or two. We'll see.

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 08-16-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #2

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I had a bad experience with a company through amazon I ordered a chest rig for AK mags and ended up with a shotgun sheath, (not leather made of fabric). It was suppose to be a NcStar but and it says it comes from Amazon but I doubt it. Still the sheath works pretty well and it was about the same price I sent a complaint never got anything back from them.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

It took taurus 6 months and 2 tries to fix my tracker 992s binding problem

Old 08-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158
It took taurus 6 months and 2 tries to fix my tracker 992s binding problem
Hearing nothing but bad things about Taurus... *sigh*

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #5

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

Hearing nothing but bad things about Taurus... *sigh*
One may sometimes hear of FREAKING OUTSTANDING customer service...

And you'll always hear about the ****ty customer service...

But how often do you hear about the regular customer service? The reasonable prices, reasonable turnarounds; being neither exceptionally exceptional, nor remarkably sorry?

You'll not very often hear, "well I talked to them after trying to get in contact an average number of times. They sent me a shipping label after an average wait time. They took my average gun, with its average problem, and fixed it within an average amount of time. Then they sent it back to me at an average shipping time..."
Old 08-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

One may sometimes hear of FREAKING OUTSTANDING customer service...

And you'll always hear about the ****ty customer service...

But how often do you hear about the regular customer service? The reasonable prices, reasonable turnarounds; being neither exceptionally exceptional, nor remarkably sorry?

You'll not very often hear, "well I talked to them after trying to get in contact an average number of times. They sent me a shipping label after an average wait time. They took my average gun, with its average problem, and fixed it within an average amount of time. Then they sent it back to me at an average shipping time..."
Interesting thought Trip. To me, though, average is rather bad. Or rather, not good enough. Who wants to be away from their firearm at all, let alone an average amount of time? I don't even know what average would be. I'm thinking 6-8 weeks. Which, if that's the case, is way too long.

Of course, judging a company's customer service is in my opinion an accurate gauge of the company as a whole. If more people have to send their guns into the company for warranty work that might indicate lesser quality of the guns. And if the customer service is average or sub-par, that indicates one of a couple different things: either a lackadaisical attitude by the company in terms of helping their previous customers (which I'm not ok with); or a backlog of too many firearms to fix (which speaks to the quality of their firearms in the first place).

At the end of the day, I realize not every firearm I buy, I do so for an exceptional firearm. But I do demand exceptional customer service from companies that produce average firearms. If anything, their customer service is (in my view) more important than companies who produce exceptional firearms from the beginning.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
At the end of the day, I realize not every firearm I buy, I do so for an exceptional firearm. But I do demand exceptional customer service from companies that produce average firearms. If anything, their customer service is (in my view) more important than companies who produce exceptional firearms from the beginning.
Which is why I will probably never buy a Kimber. I've heard too many bad things about their pistols. Which, would be ok if they offered a lifetime warranty. I guess I could just keep sending it in to get all its problems fixed. But they don't give a lifetime warranty. They give a one year warranty. If they made an exceptional pistol that almost never broke from the get-go, I could forgive their warranty slightly. But, the fact is, I've heard a lot of bad things about them. So they have neither a top-notch product nor top-notch warranty (given their price point - these things cold be forgiven for me if their 1911s came much cheaper).

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #8

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

Kinda like how everyone looooooves to pick on hipoint.... until you start talking customer service.

They've gotta have the best in the business.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Kinda like how everyone looooooves to pick on hipoint.... until you start talking customer service.

I don't know anything about Hi Points customer service, but to stay in business I would imagine they would have to have a great CS dept.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I don't know anything about Hi Points customer service, but to stay in business I would imagine they would have to have a great CS dept.
Except, I do know they have a plant about twenty I items away from my home town. I think its their main manufacturing plant, in Mansfield OH. I went to high school there.

Always have clean socks.