Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > RSM Firearms, Belvidere, Illinois

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

If you'd like you're more than welcome, I'll have my wife and son with me most likely but I think we're heading there around noon. Alwasy up for putting a face to the screen name.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well my family and I went up there on Saturday, and while a little further away than I'd like, I plan to make my next purchase through them. We were there for about an hour and I can honestly say they were the nicest gun shop I have ever been in (even after my son spilled some of his juice on their floor.) I urge anyone in the area to head over there and check them out.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 View Post
Well my family and I went up there on Saturday, and while a little further away than I'd like, I plan to make my next purchase through them. We were there for about an hour and I can honestly say they were the nicest gun shop I have ever been in (even after my son spilled some of his juice on their floor.) I urge anyone in the area to head over there and check them out.
Sorry I didn't meet you there. They have kids, too, so the spilled juice is probably routine for them. They are very nice people and it's a nice shop. Was Robby's Dad there? He's a hoot. And do they still have that AR with the butterfly trigger and drum mag?

Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

No problem at all. Yeah his dad greeted my wife an I at the door with a smile and a handshake. They were pretty busy and even though I told them I wasn't buying today they still took the time to talk with us. I didn't see your AR unfortunately, they only had a couple AR's on their racks.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
No problem at all. Yeah his dad greeted my wife an I at the door with a smile and a handshake. They were pretty busy and even though I told them I wasn't buying today they still took the time to talk with us. I didn't see your AR unfortunately, they only had a couple AR's on their racks.
He probably has it set aside for me.

When I went there I told him I was just in the neighborhood and stopped by. His wife and I had a great time talking and he showed me several guns. They were very friendly. I told him I would like to someday buy a Henry Lever Youth and he printed me up a specs sheet and wrote on there what he would charge for it. It was pretty competitive with GAT Guns price.

Did you tell him you were a member here on FTF?

Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have a very strong urge to pick up a Springfield XDM 3.8 in .45 and he did the same, however he beat every price that I have seen. I even contacted one of my local guys that sells out of his house and RSM beat his price as well. I told him that I was referred by a woman on a gun forum however when I go back (because I know within a couple weeks I will have to purchase the XDM) I would be glad to tell him that you referred me, maybe he can give you a little more of a discount.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I have a very strong urge to pick up a Springfield XDM 3.8 in .45 and he did the same, however he beat every price that I have seen. I even contacted one of my local guys that sells out of his house and RSM beat his price as well. I told him that I was referred by a woman on a gun forum however when I go back (because I know within a couple weeks I will have to purchase the XDM) I would be glad to tell him that you referred me, maybe he can give you a little more of a discount.
Hahaha........I asked him for a Mod discount then just an FTF discount. He said he couldn't. I tried. Yes, tell him you belong to FTF and tell him I posted a review about his place here. I'm sure he'll remember me. He said he was to busy with his shop and family to come on the forum very often.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Definetly will do, if my holiday bonus check from work wasn't neutered like I think it's going to be I'll be heading out there sometime this week, if I do get short changed then it'll be a couple more weeks, probably just after Christmas.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well I picked up my XDM today, mentioned FTF again, and so far so good. Very nice people to work with, would definetly recommend them to anyone in the area.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Well I picked up my XDM today, mentioned FTF again, and so far so good. Very nice people to work with, would definetly recommend them to anyone in the area.
Awesome!! Post pictures. They are nice people.