Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Company Review Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f167/)
-   -   RSM Firearms, Belvidere, Illinois (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f167/rsm-firearms-belvidere-illinois-71058/)

winds-of-change 08-24-2012 10:32 PM

RSM Firearms, Belvidere, Illinois

So, I have a bit of time on my hands lately so I went to a couple of gun shops in a nearby town. One of the gun shops I went to was RSM Firearms owned by Robbyguns here on FTF. I thought I'd go in and meet him, look at some guns and just spend some time chit chatting. Rob has a nice gun shop and he was pleased to show me any gun I wanted to look at. He quoted me a price on the Henry Lever I've been wanting so bad. His wife was very friendly and we had a good time talking. I looked at a Ruger LCP, a very nice S&W .357 mag revolver that has a 'hidden hammer'. That thing was absolutely sweet. It had a hammer you could cock so it would shoot SA but it was flush with the body of the gun. I would like to have one of those someday. A very nice revolver, indeed. I looked at a Kimber 9mm that had a mighty fine trigger. What really caught my eye, though, was an AR-15 that had a 'butterfly trigger'. I wanted to take that thing off the counter and lay on the floor and pretend like I was shooting it..........but I didn't. :o

All in all, it was a nice little gun shop owned by friendly people who don't mind sitting and chit chatting with you.

purehavoc 08-24-2012 11:34 PM

Start saving. U know what u want now :D. What no gun pron?

winds-of-change 08-25-2012 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, yeah. Thanks for the reminder. I did take a picture of the AR-15 with the butterfly trigger. I wanted to shoot the thing soooo bad. It looked like it would be a lot of fun. Oh, yeah, it had a 100 round drum mag on it, too. SWEET!!

I wanted the owner's Dad to get in the picture, too, but he didn't want to. I said, "Good point. No one would be looking at the gun they'd all be looking at the handsome man." He said, "No, they'd all be saying who's that sumbich in that picture with the awesome gun." We had a good laugh over that.

p8nt665 11-08-2012 10:03 PM

I agree with the post.. I bought a mosin nagant from rms because on meeting them at a gunshow. You almost felt like 1 of the family and not to many business make you feel that way now adays.. a friend of also bough from them and he feels the same way.. if you get a chance atleast stop in I really don't think you will be disappointed

winds-of-change 11-08-2012 10:06 PM

Where are you located at, P8nt665?

I'm glad this thread was brought up again. I have time on my hands. I may go to the gun shop and sit and talk a spell with them. :D

PSYCHOFREAK3 11-09-2012 03:06 PM

Hmm, never knew they were there. I may have to check them out, thanks for the info Winds.

winds-of-change 11-09-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 (Post 1007795)
Hmm, never knew they were there. I may have to check them out, thanks for the info Winds.

It's a small place but they are very friendly there and willing to sit and chat a while. He can order any gun you want. When I was there last there was a gorgeous AR-15 with a butterfly trigger and a 100 round drum mag. I sooo wanted to lay on the floor with it and play "shoot 'em up". :p

p8nt665 11-10-2012 06:08 PM

im in mchenry il. so its a bit of a drive for me, but when i meet a bussiness i like, thats where i go. picked up my mosin yesterday and got a great deal on an AR. so i put some cash down on it.. lol im going to be poor real soon if i keep going there cuz that where my paychecks are going to start going...

PSYCHOFREAK3 11-15-2012 04:42 PM

I am going to head out there this saturday I think and check them out.

winds-of-change 11-15-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 (Post 1015571)
I am going to head out there this saturday I think and check them out.

Should I meet you there? We can play "army" with that awesome AR-15 he has on the counter. Unless he's sold it. :D